Summer residential courses
Experience what it's like to live and study at UAL this summer with our exciting range of residential courses for teenagers aged 11 to 18.
Courses for 11 to 13 year olds
Delivered by UAL Short Courses and Future Creatives, these courses has been developed specifically for young creatives interested in developing their artistic talent.
- learn new skills and techniques through a ‘hands-on’ approach
- receive expert guidance from our tutors
- experiment and share ideas with other young creatives
- discover what it's like to study at UAL
The philosophy of the course is to ‘learn by doing’, which develops confidence and technical skills through practical assignments that include experimenting, designing and making.
Courses for 13 to 16 year olds
Our range of practical summer courses will give you a taster of the many different disciplines offered at UAL and will help inspire your art and design practice in the future.
Whether you consider yourself a complete beginner or if you are already studying art and design at school, these courses:
- develop your confidence with creativity
- developing your technical skills
- provide tutor-led making and designing activities
- let you build a portfolio of work
These practical workshops, lectures and visits will help you start to understand what creative opportunities are available and guide your future education and career choices.
Central Saint Martins' residential courses
Courses for 16 to 18 year old
These residential courses are ideal for students wanting to experience what it’s like to be a student at UAL. Each course allows for you to:
- study at a UAL campus and stay at a UAL halls of residence
- learn from our specialist practitioners
- develop exciting creative projects
- experience London with trips to museums and galleries
Courses last from 2 to 3 weeks and offers students an intensive introduction to a range or arts disciplines and practices on offer at UAL. These courses are an ideal preparation for living and studying in London and include guidance on the application process for the UAL.