Residential Summer School in Ascot for 11 to 13 year olds
Students have the option of taking this project-based course for either 1 or 2 weeks, with different projects set for both weeks.
All students will complete the course with sketchbooks full of ideas, along with a number of finished works and new technical abilities, all of which will help inspire your art and design practice in the future.
Where are the residential courses taught?
What activities does this course include?
- Mark-making Activities: You will participate in a varied selection of mark-making exercises using different drawing materials.
- Observational and Experimental Drawing: Together with the tutor, you will practice a selection of experimental drawing techniques designed to improve your drawing, whatever style you choose.
- Composition and Collage: You will learn the 7 basic rules of composition and practice them by using fun and engaging collage methods which you can build into a project of your choice.
- Inspiration methods: You will explore different way to get inspired, including using your own digital camera/phone to capture the environment around you and the safe use of the internet.
- Graphic Design: You will experiment with colour, rhythm, pattern, letter forms and image making techniques. Also, the use of scale, weight of line, direction and working with textures will be covered to help you produce great graphic design which you will be able to apply to your own work outside of the course.
- Printed Fashion and Textiles: You will learn, through expert guidance how design, draw and make your own Fashion/Textiles prints.
- Printmaking: You will be introduced to a simple but extremely effective printmaking techniques which you can use with your own designs.
- Painting: You will learn about the different types of brushes and their specific uses and will work and experiment in different paint mediums.
- Spray painting and stencilling: You will make ‘Banksy style’ stencils and learn how to spray paint with safe, water based, low odour spray paints.
What do the course fees include?
- Most course materials
- Shared accommodation
- Catering (breakfast, lunch and evening meal)
- Indoor swimming pool and gymnasium
- Sports ground and tennis courts
- Computer room
- Special evening activities and/or weekend excursions
What is the accommodation like?
Students stay in boarding houses on the LVS Ascot campus in shared rooms for up to four students of the same gender. Accommodation is dormitory style with communal bathrooms. The boarding houses also have common rooms where students can socialise or study in their free time.
- Session 1: Sunday 21 July – Saturday 27 July
- Session 2: Sunday 28 July – Saturday 3 August
Telephone: +44(0) 207 514 7015