Holiday card competition
Design a holiday card or video!
We are running a student competition to choose the Language Centre's 2019 seasonal greetings message. We are inviting you to design a card or create a video with a Christmas, December or New Year seasonal holidays theme.
How do I enter?
- Design or create a card or a short video with a Christmas / December / New Year holidays theme.
- Your entry should be a drawing, painting, photo, digital design, video or animation of what the holiday season means to you. The image resolution should be a maximum of 1MB. If you choose a video, it should be 30 seconds maximum length.
- Share your card or video on Instagram by using the hashtags #LCUALHoliday and #UALLanguageCentre and remember to tag the Language Centre @languagecentreual. You can also email your entry to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
When can I enter?
The competition is open from Friday 22 November 2019 to midnight on Thursday 5 December 2019. Your entry needs to be on Instagram or sent to the Language Centre email address before midnight (GMT) 5 December 2019.
Who can enter?
The competition is open to past, present and future Language Centre students.
Is there a prize?
A £60 gift voucher for UAL's not just a shop!
The winning card or video design will be used as the official UAL Language Centre seasonal message or greetings card in December. We will also show the winning entry in other Language Centre communications and have it displayed on the TV display screens in the student services area.
How will the winner be chosen?
- We will post (or repost) all eligible entries on our Instagram page (@languagecentreual) on 6 December and will invite everyone to vote for their for their favourite one.
- Votes are open from 6 December until 12 December.
- Voting is easy - 1 like is 1 vote.
- When the competition ends on 12 December 2019, the entry with the most votes is the winner.
- UAL Language Centre will contact the winner to ask them to sign a release form and the winning entry will be used as the Language Centre's 2019 holiday greeting.
Competition terms and conditions
- You must enter your own work. Do not copy or plagiarise any existing material.
- Do not use any existing brand images or brand names in your work.
- By entering the competition, you give UAL Language Centre permission to use your design or video for publicity and communication at its discretion, and permission to make any necessary edits.
Good luck to all participants!