Every year, University of the Arts London (UAL) welcomes students from Australia on to our degrees, short courses and Study Abroad programmes.
Ranked second in the world for Art and Design (2020 QS World University Rankings®), UAL offers an extensive range of pre-degree, undergraduate and postgraduate courses. Our six Colleges offer courses in art, design, screen, communication, fashion, media and performing arts.
UAL International Postgraduate £5,000 Scholarships
Up to 165 UAL International Postgraduate scholarships are available. A scholarship provides a £5,000 tuition fee waiver for a full-time taught master’s course at one of UAL’s six Colleges starting in the academic year of 2020/21.
If you're thinking about applying to UAL, our local representative in Australia (BCIC) can help. We work closely with BCIC to offer students from Australia local support through every stage of the application process, free of charge. Services include:
- Specialist advice about our courses and help with choosing the right programme for you
- Providing information about UAL and our six Colleges
- Advice on preparing your application and portfolio
- Arranging an interview in Australia with one of our academic staff
- Help with visa applications and travel to the UK (there may be a small charge for these services)
- Help with arranging accommodation in London.
Contact Gavin McGuire (BCIC): firstname.lastname@example.org
Your local British Council office can also offer advice about studying in the UK.
Events in Australia
Interviews in Australia
If you have applied through our representative BCIC Australia, you can have a face-to-face interview in Australia with one of our academic staff. Students who apply directly to one of our Colleges, and not via BCIC, are interviewed in London or by telephone from London.
Offers at interview in Australia
- Further education and undergraduate applications:
If you are successful in the interview you will receive an offer on the spot. If the interviewer cannot offer you a place on your first choice course, they will advise you on other suitable courses across UAL's six Colleges or recommend ways you can improve your work so that you can reapply at a later date.
- Postgraduate applications:
For some courses our interviewers can make offers on the spot; for other courses they will make a recommendation to the College you are applying to.