skip to main content

Getting a CAS

A CAS (Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies) is required before a student can apply for a Tier 4 visa.

Many students get confused between a CAS and a CAS statement. Here are the differences:

  • A CAS is an electronic file which UAL sends to the UK visa authorities, so that they expect to receive a visa application from a student. It has a unique number, and contains the student's name and basic personal details, and details of the course that they will be studying.
  • A CAS statement is a PDF which UAL sends to the student by e-mail. It contains a summary of the information held in the student's CAS. The University provides you with a CAS statement because it contains information which you must enter into your online visa application form. You should not submit your CAS statement with your other supporting documents, as the UK visa authorities will already have this information.

When you will receive your CAS statement

The University will provide your CAS statement to you by e-mail after you have:

  • Provided evidence that you have met the conditions of your offer, and
  • Accepted your unconditional offer of a place on your course, and
  • Paid your deposit.

This is explained in the offer letter you receive from UAL's International Admissions department when you are offered a place on a course.

If you are applying for a Tier 4 (General) visa from outside the UK, note that the University normally stops issuing CASs a couple of weeks before the course start date to ensure you can apply for, and receive, your visa in time. However, if you can access a priority visa application service in your country we may still be able to issue a CAS after our final CAS issue date.

How you will receive your CAS statement

Students will receive their CAS statement by e-mail.

Who to contact about your CAS

The person or department providing your CAS statement will depend on your situation. Use the information below to find out more about your CAS.

International Admissions:

The UAL representative in your home country.

The Immigration Compliance Officer at your UAL college:
* Camberwell, Chelsea and Wimbledon:
* Central Saint Martins:
* London College of Communication:
* London College of Fashion: