Stationers Foundation Bursary
The Stationers’ Foundation Bursary of £6,000 is available to 1 Home student accepted on the MA Publishing course at London College of Communication in 2020/21.
To be eligible for the Stationers Foundation Bursary students must be:
- Ordinarily resident in the UK and Islands (Channel Islands and Isle of Man) i.e. living in or predominantly tied to the UK and Islands (Channel Islands and Isle of Man) for most of the 3 years before your course is due to start.
- Considered a Home student for tuition fee purposes.
- Under 25 years old on 1 September 2020. If you are between 25 and 30 and wish to apply, please discuss your application with the Course Leader Frania Hall
- Accepted on the full-time MA Publishing course at London College of Communication commencing September 2020.
The Stationers Foundation is the charitable arm of the Worshipful Company of Stationers and Newspaper Makers. It supports a wide range of educational initiatives from primary through to postgraduate education. The Foundation’s new University bursary scheme is aimed at students who plan to study on postgraduate courses which reflect the industry sectors that the Stationers Company specifically support. MA courses at 11 universities have been selected for this scheme.
The Bursary is valued at £6,000 and is a contribution towards tuition fees.
The successful recipient will also be offered the opportunity to receive mentoring during the period of their studies from an appropriate Stationer, taking into account the specific interests of the student.
Upon successful completion of the Masters programme, the Bursary recipient will be presented with the Freedom of the Worshipful Company of Stationers and Newspaper Makers and will be expected to participate in the life of the Company.
The scholarship will be assessed on the basis of financial need, academic merit and the quality of the application. It will provide a contribution towards course tuition fees.
Applications for this scholarship must be made by filling in an online application form. More information is provided in the guidance notes:
- The Stationers Foundation Bursary Application Form 2020-21 (PDF 204KB)
- The Stationers Foundation Bursary Guidance Notes 2020-21 (PDF 568KB)
Closing date: 1pm (UK time), Friday 22 May 2020
Applicants must be available for interview at Stationers’ Hall in London during the end of June, beginning of July 2020.
There will be an Awards Ceremony at Stationers’ Hall in October/November 2020. All the award winners and representatives from each university will be present. It is essential that the award recipient is able to attend this event.
The scholarship will provide a contribution towards tuition fees.
Tuition fees will be paid directly from the award into the University’s Tuition Fees account.
If you need help, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44 (0)20 7514 8080.