Creative Bursaries for Southwark Students
To be eligible for the Creative Bursaries for Southwark Students programme, applicants must be:
- Accepted on the first year of study of any BA or Foundation Diploma course at Camberwell College of Arts or London College of Communication, University of the Arts London, starting in October 2020
- Must have completed studies at one of the following Southwark secondary schools in the 2019 – 2020 academic year:
- Ark Globe Academy
- Ark Walworth Academy
- Bacon’s College
- Harris Academy Bermondsey
- Harris Sixth Form Homestall Campus
- Harris Sixth Form Rye Campus
- Kingsdale Foundation School
- Sacred Heart Catholic School
- St Michael’s Catholic College
- St Saviour’s and St Olave’s School
- St Thomas the Apostle College
- The Charter School North Dulwich
- The City of London Academy (Southwark)
- University Academy of Engineering South Bank
- Southwark College
- Priority is given to students who are in financial hardship and those who come from a family in which neither parent has been to University
The Creative Bursaries for Southwark Students of £2,500 each are provided by Southwark Council. This individual bursary sum will both address the key expenses and provide a solid incentive for young people to apply to courses in the first instance, thereby increasing the number of young people from Southwark with the opportunity to develop careers in the creative industries.
Five bursaries will be awarded to students to study at Camberwell College of Arts and five bursaries to students studying London College of Communication, University of the Arts London.
Applications are encouraged from young people from Southwark who would like to develop their careers in the creative industries.
The bursaries will be assessed on the basis of financial need and, is a contribution towards course costs and living expenses.
To register your interest for this scholarship, please email email@example.com and the Student Funding Service will contact all students who have completed enrolment in October 2020.
Living expense and course costs payments will be paid in termly instalments to the award recipients.
If you need help, please fill out this form.
UAL offers a wide range of scholarships, bursaries and awards provided through generous donations from individuals, companies and philanthropic charities, as well as from University funds.
Use our Scholarships Search to find out what you might be eligible for.