skip to main content

Essential coronavirus info
Your safety is our first priority.

Funding for home/EU students

If you pay tuition fees at the Home/EU rate, you may be eligible for funding to cover your tuition fees and living costs.

Find out about the available student loans, scholarships, bursaries and awards you can apply for.

Loans and grants

  • Artwork for MA Material Futures
    Caroline Aguilo, MA Material Futures, Central Saint Martins, 2015 © John Sturrock

    Credit: John Sturrock
    Further education loan

    Students studying Foundation Diploma in Art and Design may be eligible for an Advanced Learner Loan to pay for their tuition fees.

  • Artwork from Foundation Show Central Saint Martins
    Foundation Show Central Saint Martins 2014 © John Sturrock

    Credit: John Sturrock
    Undergraduate loans and grants

    Find out more about loans and grants that the UK Government provides to eligible undergraduate students.

  • Sally Cheung BA Textiles artwork
    Sally Cheung, BA Textiles Design, CSM, 2017, © John Sturrock

    Credit: John Sturrock
    Master's loan

    A Postgraduate Master's Loan is available to eligible students studying taught or research master's courses.

  • Florence Hawkins artwork
    Florence Hawkins, Art & Design Technician, London College of Communication, © Alys Tomlinson

    Credit: Alys Tomlinson
    Doctoral loan

    A Postgraduate Doctoral Loan is available to eligible students studying a PhD course.

Scholarships and awards

Welfare benefits

Most full-time students cannot claim welfare benefits but there are exceptions. The following groups of students may be able to claim benefits:

  • students with long term health conditions or disabilities
  • lone parents
  • student couples with a child

If you're under 21 and studying on a Further Education course you may be able to claim benefits if you don't have contact with your parents.

If you're currently claiming benefits, becoming a student is a change of circumstances which you must report to the relevant benefit agency. You may not be able to continue with your claim, it depends on your circumstances. The student income you receive may reduce your benefit amount.

Welfare benefits for students can be complex so we encourage you to contact us for individual advice before starting your course.

Get advice

Contact the Student Advice Service for further guidance on funding your course.