At UAL we want you to feel at home while you study with us.
If you are new to the UK, we recommend staying in our halls of residence to get yourself familiar with London before you explore further options. If you are familiar with the UK, our halls are still the best environment to start your student social life at UAL.
Accommodation is available in our halls of residence for UAL summer course students including:
- 19-week, 13-week, 9-week, Unconditional Presessional English, Pre-Foundation English and EPIC 10 and EPIC 6 Programmes
- CSM Orientation to Art and Design and Foundation Plus programmes
- CCW Preparation for Foundation and Preparation for BA/MA
Benefits of staying in UAL halls include:
- Rent includes all utility bills, plus Wifi
- Free Airport Collection for new international students
- Free home insurance with Endsleigh
- 24/7 secure hall and 24-hour Out of Hours residence support team
- A dedicated Residence Manager in every hall
- Wellbeing support and the UK’s leading social programme
- Well-situated for easy travel to college
- Close proximity to local facilities and services
- Bike storage and laundry facilities
- An International Advisor to assist with your application
- Halls Life Platform
Which halls are available to Presessional students?
We recommend Will Wyatt Court (standard room: £226 per week) and The Costume Store (standard room: £189 per week). All rooms in these 2 halls come with a private bathroom. Both halls are around 20-25 minutes to the High Holborn campus and 45 minutes to the Camberwell (Wilson Road) campus on public transport, which is a typical journey time in London. You can also apply to stay in other halls where rooms become available.
(Subject to operational needs, you may be required to move to an alternative room during your stay.)
How to apply
Step 1: Register for an account at our Student Accommodation Portal.
Step 2: Log in to your account to submit your application. Make sure you submit your application under the academic year of 2019–2020 and select the appropriate arrival date.
Step 3: We will send you an offer email within 2 weeks. Follow the instructions in the email to accept your offer.
- Apply as soon as you can.
- If you have friends who you want to live with, you can make a request on your application.
- Keep an eye on your emails regularly (including the junk folder).
To stay in our halls:
- You must apply online and sign a Tenancy Agreement with us.
- Do not arrange hall accommodation with another UAL student/resident in private. This is known as sub-letting and is illegal in the UK.
- Do not pay your rent to another student as you may run a risk of losing money and not getting it back.
Acceptance and payment
Read the Tenancy Agreement and Regulations carefully before you accept your offer or make a payment. You can choose to pay your rent by either setting up an automatic card payment plan, via a bank transfer or Flywire. Once you have signed your contract and paid your advance rent, deposit, you have completed the process.
For halls that are managed by our external partners, follow the instructions given by them to accept and pay for your offer.
If your Presessional course will start from the end of June, you are also welcomed to book our Summer Stays accommodation. As a UAL student, you can benefit from a discounted price by entering the promotional code ‘Presessionals’ when you book online.
Summer Stays can be booked via a separate booking system which is also open to the general public and is different from the student application system mentioned before.
Find out more about our Summer Stays and book your place.
The end of your summer stay
Your tenancy has a fixed end date. Our team will contact you in July to provide information regarding any additional nights you may require (also known as ‘the Tenancy Gap’).
If you will also stay with us for your main academic course, we aim to let you continue to stay in our halls during the Gap. You will move to your next room when it is ready.
When it is not possible to stay with us in between tenancies, we will offer advice and assist you to book temporary private accommodation until your full-time accommodation starts; we will also provide transport to take you to your temporary accommodation and return to our halls when your next room with us is ready.
Alternatively, if you choose not to stay with us for your full-time course, we can offer advice on private accommodation.
Stay with us in 2020-21
If you want to continue to stay with us for your main academic course, remember to submit a separate application (beginning in April) online using the 2020-2021 application form. Note that room pricing may be different for the new academic year.
Airport collection service
We offer a one-off free airport collection service to students coming to UAL for the first time from a non-EU country. Learn more about Airport Collection Service and book your place.
If you decide not to live in halls, our Private Accommodation Adviser can give advice and even read over your housing contract. See our guidance on private accommodation for more on renting privately.
Please do not try to book private accommodation before you come to London. You must be in London first as you will need to view the property before you pay any money for it. You need to check it is good for you to live in, and landlords are also required by law to meet you in person before they allow you to move in. If you are considering private accommodation, please contact our Advisor at email@example.com for advice.