At UAL we want you to feel at home whilst you study with us.
If you are new to the UK, we recommend staying in our halls of residence to get yourself familiar with London before you explore further options. If you are familiar with the UK, our halls are still the best environment to start your student social life at UAL.
Accommodation is available in our halls of residence for UAL summer course students including:
- Presessional English, Pre-Foundation English and EPIC Programme
- Orientation to Art and Design at Central Saint Martins
- Foundation Plus at Central Saint Martins
- Preparation for Foundation, BA/MA at Chelsea, Camberwell or Wimbledon
UAL halls of residence
Benefits of staying in UAL halls include:
- Rent includes all utility bills, plus Wifi
- Free Airport Collection for new international students
- Free home insurance with Endsleigh
- 24/7 secure hall and 24-hour Out of Hours residence support team
- A dedicated Residence Manager in every hall
- Wellbeing support and the UK’s leading social programme
- Well-situated for easy travel to college
- Close proximity to local facilities and services
- Bike storage and laundry facilities
- An International Advisor to assist with your application
- Halls Life Platform
Which halls are available to Presessional students?
You can also apply to stay in Brooke Hall, Gardens House, Glassyard Building, Highline Building, Portland House and Sketch House, where rooms become available. For more information about our halls of residences and our prices for 2018/19, please visit the links below:
(Subject to operational needs, you may be required to move to an alternative room during your stay.)
How to apply
We will start taking applications from mid-March.
Step 1: Register for an account at our Student Accommodation Portal.
Step 2: Log in to your account to submit your application.
Step 3: We will send you an offer email as soon as we can. Follow the instructions in the email to accept your offer.
- Apply or book as soon as you can.
- If you have friends who you want to live with, you can make a request on your application.
- Keep an eye on your emails regularly (including the junk folder).
Make sure you submit your application for the current academic year of 2018–19 and select the appropriate arrival date for your course.
To stay in our halls, you MUST apply online and sign a Tenancy Agreement with us.
- Do NOT arrange hall accommodation with another UAL student/resident in private. This is known as sub-letting and is illegal in the UK.
- Do NOT pay your rent to another student as you may run a risk of losing money and not getting it back.
Acceptance and payment
Read the Tenancy Agreement & Regulations carefully before you accept your offer or make a payment. You can choose to pay your rent by either setting up an automatic card payment plan or via a bank transfer. Once you have signed your contract and paid your advance rent, deposit and administration fee, totalling £510, you have completed the process.
For halls that are managed by our external partners, follow the instructions given by them to accept and pay for your offer.
As an alternative option, if your summer course starts after the end of June, you may also consider booking a room at, Gardens House, Sketch House or Will Wyatt Court at a discounted summer price by entering the promotional code ‘presessional’ when you book online. This is a separate booking system, which is also open to the general public and is different from the student application system at the top of this page. Free bedding, towels and weekly cleaning are provided to residents while continental breakfast is also included at both Sketch House and Gardens House. You will be required to make a full payment at the time of booking. Find out more about our Summer Stays and book your place.
The end of your summer stay
Your tenancy has a fixed end date. By the end of August, if you have accepted an offer to stay in the same hall of residence and the same room type for your main academic course, we aim to let you continue to stay in your room.
If you choose to stay in a different hall or room type for your main course, we will try to keep you in our halls before your new room is ready. When it is not possible to stay with us during this short period, we will offer advice and assist you to book temporary private accommodation until your full-time accommodation starts; we will also provide transport to take you to your temporary accommodation and return to our halls when your new room with us is ready.
Alternatively, if you choose not to stay with us for your full-time course, we can offer advice on private accommodation.
Stay with us in 2019-2020
If you want to continue to stay with us for your main academic course, remember to submit a separate application (beginning in April) using the 2019-2020 application form. Note that hall pricing for 2019–2020 may differ from your summer stay.
Airport collection service
We offer a one-off free airport collection service to students coming to UAL for the first time from a non-EU country. Learn more about Airport Collection Service and book your place.
If you decide not to live in halls, our Private Accommodation Adviser can give advice and even read over your housing contract. See our guidance on private accommodation for more on renting privately.
Please do not try to book private accommodation before you come to London. You must be in London first as you will need to view the property before you pay any money for it. You need to check it is good for you to live in, and landlords are also required by law to meet you in person before they allow you to move in. If you are considering private accommodation, please contact our Advisor at email@example.com for advice.