The Airport Collection Service is a one-off free service for students coming to University of the Arts London for the first time from non-European countries.
University of the Arts London will arrange a taxi and a driver from Addison Lee to meet you at your arrival airport and take you to either your hall of residence or private accommodation within the M25. All bookings must be made in advance, with the latest time being 3 working days before your arrival date.
We would like to welcome you to University of the Arts London and hope you take this opportunity to use this fantastic Airport Collection Service. Have a pleasant journey and we will be waiting for you at the airport to take you to your new home.
If you have any general enquiries regarding this service please contact Airport Collection at email@example.com.
Please remember to be eligible for this service you must be coming to the University of the Arts London for the first time from a non-European country. If you accidentally make a booking but are not eligible for the service you will be required to pay for the service.
Students eligible for airport collection
To qualify for airport collection, you must be all of the following:
- An international student (Outside of the EU)
- A full-time UAL student, or UAL Study Abroad student, or Erasmus student
- Coming to UAL for the first time
- Carrying luggage that will fit into two large suitcases and a cabin bag
- Travelling alone or with one additional friend/family member
- Staying within the M25
- In possession of a valid UAL Student ID
Please note that if you are on a UAL short course, you cannot use this service.
Before you apply you will need:
- A valid Student ID number. This can be found in any correspondence from the University. Please contact your college if you have not yet received this. Student ID numbers follow one of two formats; either the first 3 letters of your family name, followed by an 8 digit code e.g. ABC12345678 or an 8 digit code, containing only numbers e.g. 12345678.
- All your flight details including; the name of the airport, flight number and exact landing time. Please do not add any additional time to your landing time, if you do so, we will be unable to accurately track the plane. If you have a transfer flight, you must only give the flight number of the plane that will be landing in London.
- All taxis are arranged to pick you up one hour after your flight landing time, allowing enough time to pass through customs and baggage claim.
- A new address in the UK so the driver can drop you off - this can be a hall of residence or a private house or flat. Please be sure to include the full address, this includes the building name, number, street name, and full postcode. For example: Building name: UAL High Holborn, Street name: 272 High Holborn, Full postcode: WC1V 7EY.
- A valid email address that you check regularly as your booking confirmation email will be sent here.
- A valid phone number. If you do not have a UK mobile number ensure you have an international number that can be used in the UK in case the driver needs to contact you.
How to apply for Airport Collection Service?
- Please complete our Airport Collection form
We recommend booking as early as possible and contacting us if there are any changes to your schedule. The latest time that we accept bookings is 3 working days before your arrival, however, this is not recommended.
If you have a problem accessing the form, please contact your local agent who will be able to help you submit a booking.
When do I get my booking confirmation?
- You will be taken to a ‘Thank You’ page after you make your booking, please print this off for your records. Addison Lee will then email you a confirmation and a reference number for your booking.
- Addison Lee will send you a confirmation email directly, this can take up to 72 hours so please wait for this to arrive.
- Do not ring Addison Lee straight after you book as they won't have your booking yet, they will email you a confirmation as soon as they can.
- If you book after 4pm GMT on a Friday or over the weekend your booking will not be made until the following Monday (with the exception of a Bank Holiday Monday, when your booking will be made on a Tuesday).
How do I change my original booking?
- If you need to change your booking please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- For urgent detail changes out of office hours, e.g. after 6pm or the weekend. Contact Addison Lee directly on +44(0)20 7387 8888 (their 24-hour line).
- If you wish to cancel your booking, you can contact Addison Lee directly up to 1 hour before you are due to be picked up.
- If you fail to cancel the booking, you may incur a charge from the University.
What do I do when I arrive at the airport?
- All Addison Lee drivers will meet you in the arrivals hall of the airport and will meet you 1 hour after your landing time. If you are experiencing any delays, drivers can wait an additional 45 minutes.
- When you arrive at the airport your driver will be waiting for you with a UAL board with your name on.
- The arrivals hall is a busy place. Please remember to look out for your driver and wait in the arrivals hall. If you can't see them 1 hour after you land please call Addison Lee on +44(0)20 7387 8888.
What if I need to change my booking or my flight is delayed/cancelled?
- All drivers are booked to meet you in the arrivals hall of the airport an hour after your flight lands and will wait an additional 45 minutes if needed.
- If you wish to change any details on your booking in advance you should email us at email@example.com. We can then amend your booking.
- If there is a delay or cancellation of your flight, you should contact Addison Lee directly on their 24-hour number +44(0) 20 7387 8888.