Manna Ash House
Apply for halls
To apply, you will need to register for an account and complete the online application. Please have your student ID number (detailed in your course offer) ready.
You can register for a new UAL Accommodation account or log in to your existing account at our Student Housing Portal.
Manna Ash House is located just south of the river Thames, close to Central London and a convenient location for accessing all UAL colleges.
Manna Ash House has 253 ensuite single rooms and 5 ensuite studio rooms. These are arranged in self-contained flats, each flat cluster is divided between 5-7 students, which share a large kitchen and dining room.
Manna Ash is situated just off the bustling Southbank, at the River Thames in Southwark which provides easy access to Central London.
The accommodation is close to the famous Tate Modern art gallery and Hayward Gallery. There is also a wide range of restaurants, bars and shops in the area.
- Camberwell College of Arts: 17-minute bike ride / 33-minute bus / 45-minute tube trip / 51-minute walk
- London College of Communication: 4-minute bike ride / 12-minute walk / 12-minute bus journey
- Chelsea College of Arts: 10-minute bike ride / 25-minute bus journey / 27-minute tube trip / 32-minute walk
- London College of Fashion: 14-minute bike ride / 21-minute bus journey / 27-minute tube trip / 33-minute walk
- Central Saint Martins: 59-minute walk / 23-minute bike ride / 36-minute bus journey / 32-minute tube trip
- Wimbledon College of Arts: 43-minute tube trip
Please note travel times below are based on the nearest college.
Halls of Residence
8-16 Pocock Street
London SE1 0BW
Travel zone: 1
Nearest tube: Southwark
Nearest train station: London Waterloo or London Waterloo East
Take a tour of Mann Ash House, its bedrooms, facilities and common spaces.
Manna Ash House Gallery
Prices and sizes
Standard tenancies for Manna Ash house are 42 weeks for single rooms and 51 weeks for studio rooms, the following prices refer to the new academic year beginning September 2018.
- Standard rooms are £203 per week, £8,526 in total. These rooms are approximately 12 metres squared and have single beds.
- Studio rooms are £240 per week, £12,240 in total. These rooms are approximately 20 metres squared and have single beds.
- Single bed, wardrobe, desk, chair and storage space
- Internet access in every bedroom at no extra cost
- Ensuite bathrooms in every bedroom
- Contents insurance
- Laundry facilities
- 24-hour staff presence
- Courtyard space
- Bike storage
- Residents' common room
- Social Reps and Wellbeing Reps living onsite.
The site is owned and managed by Sanctuary Students for the exclusive use of University of the Arts London students. This hall is signed up to the ANUK code of practice. For more information visit: www.nationalcode.org