Skip to main content

Studying at UAL as an exchange student

You can only apply to UAL for study mobility if your institution has a formal exchange agreement with us.

Applying for a place as an exchange student

You need to apply for a place through your institution. UAL cannot receive any direct application from students, we only accept applications sent by our partner institutions.

There are two types of agreements:

  1. Erasmus bilateral agreements: Erasmus mobility is based on contractual documents called bilateral agreements; they are created between two European institutions to enable student and staff exchanges. Erasmus bilateral agreements are governed by European Commission rules and include Erasmus grants.
  2. Non Erasmus agreements: UAL has signed other agreements with non-European universities allowing student or staff exchange.
    Note that exchange periods vary according to each College and each course.

UAL Partners

Students from our partner universities can check the possible periods of mobilities by emailing the International Office at the college they would like to visit:

If there is no agreement in place in the relevant subject area, you can still apply to our fee-paying Study Abroad programme.


If your home institution would like to discuss formal collaboration with UAL, your International Office can contact us at: