A very big welcome from Careers and Employability at UAL! We wanted to let you know about the ways in which we can support you, and how to keep up to date with our activities and opportunities.
Careers and Employability empowers UAL students and graduates to make a living doing what you love.
We offer free practical events, mentoring, funding, advice and work opportunities to support UAL students and graduates with your freelance work, artistic practice, business or career.
- One-to-one advice
- Job opportunities and paid internships
- Student-led initiatives
- Opportunities to showcase and exhibit work.
Join our welcome events:
12:30pm-2pm, 24 September 2021
Worried about living on beans and pasta? We’ve got tips to help you earn so extra cash while you study.
This talk introduces you to the variety of ways you can do make money as a student: finding part-time vacancies, freelancing or creating your own job, as well as selling your work and taking advantage of other opportunities.
12pm-1pm, 27 September 2021
During this session we will be introducing what careers, employability and enterprise support students and grads can access from the Careers and Employability department. You will gain insight into who we are, which sessions we will be offering as part of our employability series, where you can access relevant and useful employability and enterprise resources, what type of tailored support you can access from us to support your journey to making a living doing what you love.
2pm-3pm, 29 September 2021
Looking for collaborators on projects or interested in sharing your skills with other students and graduates?
Join us for a unique opportunity to network with other UAL students and graduates from different disciplines and learn how you could work together at this speed networking event.
In this interactive session you will have 2 minutes to pitch your skills to each other before moving onto the next participant, hopefully finding a collaborator or skill match by the end of the session.
Where can I find you?
Careers and Employability doesn’t have a student-facing office that you can drop into in person. However, there are loads of other ways to get in touch with us:
- Sign up to our newsletter to get monthly emails about job opportunities, open calls, programmes you can get involved in and events. You'll also hear from us regularly through Moodle, so keep an eye on your inbox.
- Follow us on Instagram to be the first to know about our events and opportunities. We also run regular 'ask me anything' sessions with the interactive question sticker, so stay tuned. Plus, keep an eye on our stories to see the latest jobs from Creative Opportunities and ArtsTemps.
- You can also join our Facebook group or connect with us on Twitter, LinkedIn and The Dots.
- Email us any time at firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll get back to you as soon as we can.
Online Careers Resources
- Visit our web pages at arts.ac.uk/careers for helpful information on everything we do.
- Head to our YouTube channel for recent videos with advice from industry experts on How to Write a CV, How to Build a Portfolio, How to Pitch, and Interview Advice.
- Got an interview coming up? Use our interview simulator tool to practice for in person or video interviews.
- Access our Moodle courses for useful online resources including MyCAF (Creative Attributes Framework); UAL's self reflection tool. If you go to your Moodle dashboard you'll see 'Careers and Employability' under 'My Courses.'
- Our Moodle courses also have helpful learning guides on everything from Networking to Job Hunting, which are downloadable for later use.
Creative Shift: Diversity in the Creative Industries
Creative Shift believe in shaping a diverse creative industry and support underrepresented students to make a living doing what they love.
Join the Creative Shift community to gain access to industry contacts from diverse backgrounds, work on co-created projects and access funding to help kick start your creative career! You will have the opportunity to develop your skills and know-how within a collaborative environment with your peers and industry professionals. So whether you’d like to freelance, start up your own business or work in industry, our programme is tailored to support you on your creative journey.
Our projects mirror the future of the creative industries and the diverse voices that contribute to this. We want you to feel empowered to enter the creative industry as your most authentic self.
Read more Careers and Employability stories:
No results were found