A very big welcome from Careers and Employability at UAL! We wanted to let you know some of the ways you can engage with us straight away and the best ways to keep up to date with our activities and opportunities.
Careers and Employability empowers UAL students and graduates to make a living doing what you love.
We offer practical events, mentoring, funding, advice and work opportunities to support UAL students and graduates with your freelance work, artistic practice, business or career.
- One-to-one advice.
- Job opportunities and paid internships.
- Student-led initiatives.
- Opportunities to showcase and exhibit work.
Support is free and accessible to all of our students!
Skint? Make Money Doing What You Love as a Student
We know that one of the first things on your mind when getting to London often is how to make money. So, we're running a special online event called Skint? Make Money Doing What You Love as a Student on the 14th October. This talk introduces you to the variety of ways you can do make money as a student: finding part-time vacancies, freelancing or creating your own job, as well as selling your work and taking advantage of other opportunities.
Where can I find you?
Careers and Employability doesn’t have a student-facing office that you can drop into in person. However, there are loads of other ways to get in touch with us:
- Sign up to our newsletter to get monthly emails about job opportunities, open calls, programmes you can get involved in and events. You'll also hear from us regularly through moodle, so keep an eye on your inbox.
- Follow us on Instagram to be the first to know about our events and opportunities. We also run regular 'ask me anything' sessions with the interactive question sticker, so stay tuned. Plus, keep an eye on our stories to see the latest jobs from Creative Opportunities and ArtsTemps.
- You can also join our Facebook group or connect with us on Twitter, LinkedIn and The Dots.
- Email us any time at firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll get back to you as soon as we can.
Online Careers Resources
- Check out our web pages at arts.ac.uk/careers for helpful information on everything we do.
- Head to our YouTube channel for recent videos with advice from industry experts on How to Write a CV, How to Build A Portfolio, How to Pitch and Interview Advice.
- Got an interview coming up? Use our interview simulator tool to practice for in person or video interviews.
- Access our moodle courses for useful online resources including MyCAF; UAL's self reflection tool. If you go to your moodle dashboard you'll see 'Careers and Employability' under 'My Courses.'
- Our Moodle courses also have helpful learning guides on everything from Networking to Job Hunting, which are downloadable for later use.