We're celebrating International Women's Day
For International Women's Day (8 March) and This Girl Can Week, Arts SU have organised 2 free online events for UAL students.
This Girl Can: An Open Talk with Risqat Fabunmi-Alade
On Monday 8 March, from 6-8pm GMT, Risqat Fabunmi-Alade. Risqat, the British track and field athlete, personal trainer and sports massage therapist will be discussing:
- Her experience of sports at University
- Training and competing as an athlete
- Her most memorable achievements so far
- The impact Covid-19 has had on her personally, as well as professionally and sponsorships
- The impact of sports on your physical and mental wellbeing
- Tools you can use to stay motivated and inspired
There will be a Q&A at the end of the discussion so if you have any questions, feel free to send them in ahead of time to email@example.com, or ask on the day!
This event is for all cis and trans women, as well as non-binary people who are comfortable in a space that centres the experiences of women.
Self-Defence Class for International Woman's Day
On Tuesday 9 March, from 6pm -7.30pm GMT, UAL students are invited to take part in an online Self-Defence Class. Led by Sue Smith, the session will look at techniques for physical self-protection, with an emphasis on self-care. This event will be held on Zoom and open to all levels of experience.
This event is for all cis and trans women, as well as non-binary people who are comfortable in a space that centers the experiences of women.