Students granted temporary access to Adobe CC for personal devices
As a result of the current disruptions due to the Coronavirus outbreak, Adobe has provided temporary at-home access for impacted students, so that they can continue to work remotely. These Creative Cloud desktop app licenses are currently valid until May 31 2020. Adobe is closely monitoring the situation due to the Coronavirus and may, at its sole discretion, modify the validity of the licenses.
Email from Adobe
Adobe may have emailed you advising that you now have access to all apps. If you have not received this email - don't worry. You are still eligible and can follow the instructions below to download the software.
How to access the software on your personal device
The below instructions show you how to enable access to Creative Cloud Desktop Apps on your personal device.
- Visit https://creativecloud.adobe.com and sign in with your UAL credentials.
- If prompted, select Company or School Account and then enter your UAL password. Alternatively, provide your credentials on the UAL login screen.
- From the Creative Cloud website, browse for and download your desired app. Click Apps on the top of the page to view all apps.
Further help and information
- If you get any problems, please call the UAL IT Service Desk on +44 (0)20 7514 9898. Please note that if it is a fault with the Adobe site or one of their products, they may need to refer you to Adobe directly.
- For advice on how to download apps, see Download and Install Creative Cloud apps.
- Adobe offers free “Daily Creative Challenges”. These are guided projects where you can receive creative prompts and connect with pros, mentors, and other students for feedback and support. Click on the app name to learn more: Photoshop, XD and Illustrator.
- Also, for inspiration and over-the-shoulder learning, watch pros share their creative process on Adobe Live daily at www.behance.net/adobelive.
- More support can be found on the HelpX page.