Vision, mission and values
The delivery of integrated academic and pastoral support to enable the development of creativity and resilience, so that students can fulfil their potential and get the best from their university experience
Our mission is to provide high quality anticipatory and responsive library and student support offers that are tailored to meet the needs of our students and staff and reflective of UAL academic profile
Our core values
- Being student-centred, accessible and inclusive
- Celebrating diversity and respecting individuality
- Encouraging curiosity and supporting risk-taking to enable creativity and resilience
- Being committed to critical reflection and continuous improvement
- Innovating and leading in our areas of professional and academic expertise
- Forging effective and creative collaborations internally and externally
- To be approachable, friendly and willing to help all those who use our services.
- To have a positive professional attitude.
- To provide all library users with the help, guidance and assistance they require.
- To provide an expert and professional enquiry service.
- To provide a named contact and support for individual course requirements.
- To provide academic support through induction, library and information and digital skills sessions.
- To provide learning, research and maker spaces which are inspirational and welcoming.
- To provide training and development to all Library Services staff to ensure that they are confident and fully equipped to provide a first class supportive and responsive service.
- Treat all those using and working in Library Services spaces and facilities with respect and courtesy.
- Take responsibility for the resources and facilities that you use and borrow.
- Respect the guidelines for the area you are using and behave accordingly.
- Help us to improve our services by engaging with us and providing us with feedback.
Library Services Customer Services Standards
- We will maintain our advertised opening hours for all our libraries 100% of the time.
- Our Library Search service will be available 24/7 100% of the time (except for periods of advertised downtime/maintenance).
- 95% of open access computers will be operational at any one time (other than planned and advertised essential maintenance)
- 95% of open access MFDs (multi-functional devices for printing copying) will be operational at any one time (other than planned and advertised essential maintenance)
- 90% of all returned material will be re-shelved within 24 hours.
- 80% of print books will be available within 6 weeks of being ordered.
- 100% of requested Archives and Special Collections items will be available to view within 24 hours of being requested.
- 90% of face to face enquiries will be resolved at the first point of contact.
- We will acknowledge and respond to all forms of written enquiries and feedback within 24 hours
- 95% of students attending a Library Services skills session will agree or strongly agree that they have found the session ‘useful’
We have been accredited with Customer Service Excellence.