Service Commitment & Service Standards
- Putting the needs of UAL students and staff first.
- Providing equality of access and opportunity and parity of experience.
- Valuing diversity and respecting individuality.
- Working collaboratively to provide responsive services.
- Being financially responsive and sustainable in all that we do.
- To be approachable, friendly and willing to help all those who use our services.
- To have a positive professional attitude.
- To provide all library users with the help, guidance and assistance they require.
- To provide an expert and professional enquiry service.
- To provide a named contact and support for individual course requirements.
- To provide academic support through induction, library and information and digital skills sessions.
- To provide learning, research and maker spaces which are inspirational and welcoming.
- To provide training and development to all Library Services staff to ensure that they are confident and fully equipped to provide a first class supportive and responsive service.
- Treat all those using and working in Library Services spaces and facilities with respect and courtesy.
- Take responsibility for the resources and facilities that you use and borrow.
- Respect the guidelines for the area you are using and behave accordingly.
- Help us to improve our services by engaging with us and providing us with feedback.
Library Services Customer Services Standards
- We will maintain our advertised opening hours for all our libraries 100% of the time.
- Our Library Search service will be available 24/7 100% of the time (except for periods of advertised downtime/maintenance).
- 95% of open access computers will be operational at any one time (other than planned and advertised essential maintenance)
- 95% of open access MFDs (multi-functional devices for printing copying) will be operational at any one time (other than planned and advertised essential maintenance)
- 90% of all returned material will be re-shelved within 24 hours.
- 80% of print books will be available within 6 weeks of being ordered.
- 100% of requested Archives and Special Collections items will be available to view within 24 hours of being requested.
- 90% of face to face enquiries will be resolved at the first point of contact.
- We will acknowledge and respond to all forms of written enquiries and feedback within 24 hours
- 95% of students attending a Library Services skills session will agree or strongly agree that they have found the session ‘useful’
We have been accredited with Customer Service Excellence.