You must register yourself to attend the ceremony. It's also a good idea to register and buy your guest tickets at the same time.
Once you've logged in to your student portal, go to the MyGraduation tab to get started.
- You can buy up 4 tickets
- Guest tickets cost £20
- You can’t swap your tickets with someone else
- To avoid any panic or fees, register and buy your tickets by 10 May 2019.
Changes and refunds
We recommend checking with your guests before registering and buying tickets, but if you need to make any changes you can do so via the myGraduation tab on your student portal.
You can make changes up to Friday 14 June 2019, the final registration deadline.
You’ll get a refund on your tickets:
- If you cancel your ticket purchases before 14 June 2019
- If you don’t pass your course, guest ticket purchases will be refunded to you from August onwards. The College will let us know so you don’t have to contact us.
Refunds will be processed within 10 working days and will be made to the original cardholder.
Confirmation and collection
About a week before the ceremony you’ll get an email confirming the number of tickets you’ve been allocated. We’re unable to send emails out earlier because course results aren’t finalised until the first week of July.
You can collect all of your tickets at the Royal Festival Hall, on the day of your Graduation ceremony.
No tickets are sent out before then!
If you or any of your guests have any special requirements, please let us know so we can do our best to accommodate your needs (for example, if one of your guests has mobility issues we will not seat them in the balcony).
There’s a Special Requirements section on the registration form so do let us know when you are booking your tickets.
If you’d like to send us any additional information about your requirements or you forget to tell us when you register, please contact: email@example.com
Please include your student id, your name and the ceremony you will be attending (e.g. Joseph Smith SMI0900007, CSM morning).
Children (under 16)
- The Royal Festival Hall requires all children two years old or above to have their own seat.
- All children under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult so graduates must make arrangements for an adult to site with them.
- Don’t forget, graduates and guests are seated separately.
- Unfortunately, we cannot offer price reductions for children’s tickets.
- Ceremonies may last up to two hours so please tell us if you are bringing children when you purchase your tickets. We will try to seat your guests near to a door so they can easily exit the ceremony should they need to.
- For the comfort of other guests, parents may wish to take any child who becomes agitated or distressed out of the hall.
- Prams/buggies are not allowed in the auditorium but can be stored securely in the cloakroom.
Why do I have to buy tickets?
The £20 guest ticket contributes towards the cost of the graduation ceremony including:
- The hire of the Royal Festival Hall – a major London arts venue
- The reception after the ceremony where you and your guests will be served prosecco and light refreshments
Like most universities in London, UAL has lots of great spaces for you to study and train but unfortunately none big enough to accommodate a ceremony for all of our students and their guests.
You or your guests may have attended graduation ceremonies at other universities for no charge because they have been held on their own campus, where there is enough space on site.
Why don’t my tuition fees cover the cost of my tickets?
Your tuition fees are used for the delivery of your course, rather than non-compulsory events.
Looked through our guide but still not sure about something? Please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org