Information for Staff
Students really appreciate all the hard work you have done to assist them with their studies so your attendance at Graduation is highly valued. We’ve put together some important information help staff prepare for the ceremony.
Staying up to date
Don't forget to check the dates and times for the ceremonies.
Please note the following:
- Teaching and Learning Exchange is now part of the 11.30am ceremony for Chelsea on Tuesday 17 July
- Ceremonies for Central Saint Martins are half an hour earlier than in previous years
- There are three LCC ceremonies for 2018 so please ensure you arrive in time for your ceremony to support the relevant students.
You may also get questions from students at any time so do get to know the facts on our Graduation pages.
We’re expecting over 4,000 students at this summer’s ceremonies at the Royal Festival Hall. If you’d like to help with marshalling on the day, please email email@example.com with the dates and times you can help out.
You can also really help us by reminding your students to register by 4 May and avoid any late fees.
If you’d like to find out how many of your students have registered, send your college and full course title to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to book your robe
All robes must be booked by 30 June. After this date the robing site will close and we can’t guarantee we’ll be able to book a robe for you. Only plain black robes will be available on the day.
All Teaching, Technical and Support staff (except Professors/ PVC’s/Deans/Teaching Award winners) must follow these steps to book correctly…
If you've been to the ceremony before
- Go to: enet.uk.net
- Enter your UAL email address
- Enter the password: 1234567
(If the password does not work, just click to reset your password. You will be sent an email to reset this and you can choose a password yourself – suggest you use 1234567)
- Click on the UAL logo
- Indicate which ceremony you are coming to and agree that the details held on the Ede and Ravenscroft website are correct.
It should take less than five minutes to complete.
If you haven't attended before
Please email the following information to email@example.com:
- your name
- UAL email address
- College and School (eg Wimbledon; Fashion: School of Management and Science)
- contact telephone number
- your height
- your hat size (please don’t just say medium)
- last institution attended (eg University of Brighton;)
- faculty (eg Faculty of Arts; Faculty of Science; Education)
- degree obtained e.g. BA (we don’t need the grade)
- year achieved
- ceremony you will be attending – don’t forget to tell us this!
How to collect your robe
- Please arrive at least an hour before your ceremony so you can collect your robe, have some refreshments and join the procession with no rush.
- Bring your booking reference – sent to your email when you’ve booked with Ede and Ravenscroft
- Collect your robe from ‘The Sunley Pavillion’, located on the Green Side of the building ‘Level’ 3. You can ask a marshal on the day if you get lost.
Tea and coffee will be available close to the robing room and if you need to leave luggage etc, there is a cloakroom on the Lower Ground Floor.
This is a formal occasion so you are expected to attend in suitable dress and footwear but remember that it can get very hot on the stage, especially as you’ll be wearing a gown.
You may also find it useful to bring some pins/hair clips with you to attach your gown and hat.
Once you have your gown and have enjoyed the refreshments, please make your way up the stairs to Level 4 to join the academic processions.
The ceremonies last between one and a half and two hours, starting with the speeches and Honorary Awards followed by the student awards.
Finally, staff and students who have been awarded prizes will be acknowledged and the student speaker will make a short speech about their time at UAL.
After the ceremony, you are welcome to join graduates and their guests in the reception areas where light refreshments will be served.
All robes should be returned to the Sunley Pavilion before you leave the Southbank Centre.