Submit an online application
You can apply for an exchange online.
You will need:
- A personal statement written in English, 500 words maximum (setting out the reasons for an exchange, choice of destination, expected benefits and any other relevant factors such as work experience, etc)
- Curriculum Vitae (resume)
- A portfolio if required (see more details below)
- Language test results (if required by the partner institution)
- Your passport or ID
- An ID photograph
Getting your portfolio ready
Some Colleges require you to submit a portfolio for review by the designated academics. The work you include should show breadth and demonstrate your creative thinking and personal research, progressing through stages to a finished piece.
Each image should be captioned with an appropriate title/project description, date, size of work, materials used.
Portfolios are too big to be uploaded via the application form but you will be able to indicate a link where they can be viewed and downloaded (the online application contains a specific field to this effect). Please follow the instructions below:
- Central Saint Martins and London College of Fashion (School of Design and Technology and School of Media and Communication only): The portfolio should be made up of 20-25 images. You will need to use an online sharing service and indicate the link where your portfolio is (for instance click on 'Get link' if using dropbox).
- Camberwell, Chelsea and Wimbledon: The portfolio should make a focused selection of your work in 10-12 slides. Please use Flickr for images and Vimeo for all film clips and indicate the link on the online application.
- London College of Communication: no portfolio is required at this stage but you will need to submit a portfolio later on if you are nominated for the exchange (and doing a practice-based subject). Please type 'no portfolio required' in the portfolio field in the online application.
The deadlines for the application vary according to each College and each course.
Please note that these are the deadlines to submit your UAL exchange application file online. You should start the process much earlier in order to have time to discuss with the designated academic for your course (eg. Course leader) and to get help for your application.
Don’t wait until the last moment! No late applications will be accepted.
Please check the deadline for your course:
Late or incomplete applications
If you fail to submit a fully completed Erasmus grant application, including your Learning Agreement, on time, your application will not be processed. There are no exceptions. If your exchange is not supported by an Erasmus grant you will be responsible for all financial costs involved in your exchange.
To avoid disappointment please note and check the following:
- Students cannot apply for the Erasmus grant retrospectively;
- Grant applications that have missing student details, missing information of missing signatures will not be processed.