If you are studying at another institution, and want to study at UAL on an exchange for one, two or three terms, this section is for you. You will find all the information you need to prepare your stay and make the most out of it.
Welcome programme for new exchange students
UAL organises a Welcome Day for incoming exchange students arriving in London at the start of the autumn and spring terms.
During the Welcome Day, you will:
- attend talks from Student Services and Students Union
- take a tour of the Student Hub
- take a ‘Creative Tour of London’
- receive instructions for your first classes.
You will also have an induction to the course and college you are studying in during your first week, including a meeting with the Course Director or an allocated member of staff. This may also include an induction to Library and IT services.
Find the best contact for your query.
If your institution does not have an exchange agreement with UAL, you can apply to our fee-paying Study Abroad programme.
Please contact email@example.com.
The principles of an exchange
- Your home university must have an exchange agreement with UAL.
- You might be currently studying at a European partner university (entitling you to Erasmus grants) or at a non-European partner university.
- You will stay enrolled at your home university but will take courses at UAL during the period of your mobility.
- The academic credit you will earn at UAL should be transferable to your degree course at your home university (check with your International Office).
Finally, you might think that the process seems lengthy and complicated. Don’t be put off by it - you will get support along the way! You will be rewarded by an incredibly rich and unforgettable experience.