The application process for Erasmus traineeships
Make sure you're well informed about how to apply for an Erasmus Traineeship.
Follow UAL and your College’s process for traineeships
The organising and monitoring of traineeships is the responsibility of the course team, school and College.
Each College has set up its own processes and deadlines for traineeships, which comply with UAL work placement policy. It is very important that you follow them thoroughly.
These will include guidance on finding a traineeship, health and safety risk assessments, employers’ liability, placement policy, insurance, work placement agreements, etc. For more information, please check:
- with your College Work Placement office (eg. London College of Fashion Careers)
- with the contact person for your course (eg. Programme Lead Administrator at Central Saint Martins)
- in your course handbook for the detailed course specific information.
Complete an online Erasmus Grant Application for Traineeship
All students who want to complete an application for an Erasmus Traineeship Grant must have sought guidance and attended briefings on placements at their College.
Once you have sought guidance, you need to complete an Erasmus Grant Application for Traineeship in order to get European funding. Please note that Erasmus funding is never guaranteed until your application has been processed and accepted.
The Application for Erasmus Traineeship contains one important document that you need to print, complete and get signed. When you complete your online application, you will be asked to upload this signed document (please keep the original of the document uploaded):
- Learning Agreement for Erasmus Traineeships (Word 85.5KB), signed and stamped by all parties (student, course leader/director at UAL, placement provider)
You will also need to download, read and agree with the following Erasmus document:
Once your application is processed, you will be asked to sign a Grant Agreement for Erasmus+ Traineeships, specifying the financial conditions of the Erasmus exchange as well as the amount of the Erasmus grant you are entitled to.
All Erasmus grant applications have to be completed online (with all documents required) at least 2 weeks prior to departure.
If you fail to submit a fully completed Erasmus grant application, including your Learning Agreement for Erasmus Traineeships, on time, your application will not be processed. There are no exceptions.
If your traineeship is not funded by an Erasmus grant you will be responsible for all financial costs involved in your placement. To avoid disappointment please note and check the following:
- Students cannot apply for the Erasmus grant retrospectively.
- Grant applications that have missing student details, missing information or missing signatures will not be processed.