Skip to main content

Important documents for incoming students

There are several important documents that you will need before, during and after your stay.

Learning Agreement

It is important that you discuss your Learning Agreement with your home institution before departure.

Learning agreements should be signed by all three parties before departure: UAL, your home university, and yourself.

Once at UAL, you might be able to make changes to your Learning Agreement if they are agreed by us and by your home institution. All changes to your Learning Agreement will also have to be signed by the three parties involved.

Please ask for a template of your Learning Agreement at your home university. Alternatively, you can use UAL’s template (Word 102KB).

Enrolment and Certificate of Arrival

When you arrive, you will enrol and register for your classes and you will be provided with your Student ID card. This should be a straight forward process. You will also receive your account details for email and library registration instructions.

The International Office at UAL will send to your home institution your Certificate of Arrival.

Certificate of Attendance

At the end of your stay, UAL will complete a Certificate of Attendance and will send it to you and your home institution.

Transcript of Records

UAL will issue a Transcript of Records to all exchange students, which is the official document that details the marks/grades you have achieved from the subjects you have studied. This Transcript of Records will be sent directly to you and your home university.

How will I be assessed?

When they take an entire unit, incoming exchange students are assessed, as far as possible, in the same way as other UAL students. Please contact the designated academic in charge of your course for more information on assessment if you take a partial unit.

Any questions?

Contact the International Office at the college you are visiting: