David Moore has been a London-based practising photographer since 1989, after graduating from West Surrey College of Art and Design. He has had comprehensive experience; continuously exhibiting and publishing his work during that time. His work is held in public and private collections and he has been the recipient of several major funding awards from Arts Council England and The British Council to name two. David is a widely published and exhibited photographic practitioner using documentary modes to observe state and social apparatus and challenge the medium itself.
David is a core member of the UAL Photography and the Archive Research Centre (PARC).
Social and political photography - they involve the document, collaborative and community practice, and post-panoptic observations of physical sites of political and corporate power via still and moving image, as well as the photographic monograph.
David's practice concerns itself with explorations of institutional and hegemonical power via state, social or corporate apparatus. He most often employs The Document as a genre and has also worked with film and performance genres.
His practice considers agency of the subject within historical and contemporary contexts, and the effect of corporate or political hegemony as expressed or visible in a variety of contexts. He seeks bespoke, useful and accessible responses to modern social conditions within critically-informed practice.
- Pictures From The Real World - Moore, David (2013) Pictures From The Real World. Dewi Lewis Publishing. ISBN 9781907893339 (http://ualresearchonline.arts.ac.uk/6702/)
- The Last Things - Moore, David (2008) The Last Things. Dewi Lewis, Stockport, England. ISBN 9781904587668 (http://ualresearchonline.arts.ac.uk/5889/)
- Office - Moore, David, Diaphane association (2010) Office. [Show/Exhibition] (http://ualresearchonline.arts.ac.uk/3314/)
- The Last Things - Moore, David, Photobiennale (2010) The Last Things. [Show/Exhibition] (http://ualresearchonline.arts.ac.uk/3300/)
- 28 days. [Show/Exhibition] - Moore, David, Bluecoat Gallery, Liverpool (2011) 28 days. [Show/Exhibition] (http://ualresearchonline.arts.ac.uk/3322/)
- Photography and the archive research centre core members exhibition - Davidmann, Sara and Lowe, Paul and Hunter, Tom and Moore, David and Skelton, Pam and Sutherland, Patrick, PARC (2011) Photography and the archive research centre core members exhibition. [Show/Exhibition] (http://ualresearchonline.arts.ac.uk/4425/)
- National photography symposium - Moore, David (2011) National photography symposium. In: National photgraphy symposium, 13-15 May 2011, The Bluecoat Gallery, Liverpool. (http://ualresearchonline.arts.ac.uk/3331/)
- Secrets of Whitehall: BBC television documentary: use of unique photographs - Moore, David (2011) Secrets of Whitehall: BBC television documentary: use of unique photographs. [Art/Design Item] (http://ualresearchonline.arts.ac.uk/3878/)