BiographyTony Cooper is the course leader for the BA (Hons) Fashion Marketing at London College of Fashion and a senior lecturer in fashion marketing. Prior to joining LCF in September 2018, Tony taught in the fashion merchandising program at the RMIT University fashion school in Melbourne. He holds a master’s degree in marketing from RMIT and bachelor’s degrees in business and sociology from Monash University. He worked as an executive in consumer goods marketing in Australia and the Asia Pacific region for more than 20 years.
In his doctoral thesis, Tony is investigating social media engagement in fashion brand communities to document the strategic management of online governance with the aim of creating a framework to aid marketing practitioners. The research combines several case studies from global fashion retailers using qualitative and mixed methods. The empirically based insights are intended to form the foundation of a detailed classification and theoretical geneses of the techniques used to engage consumers in virtual brand communities and explores issues of governance through social media management.
Tony is a reviewer for several leading academic journals including; Marketing Intelligence and Planning, The Journal of Services Marketing, The Journal of Brand Management, The Journal of Product and Brand Management, and for the Australian and New Zealand Marketing Academy Conference.
- Cooper T, Stavros C, Dobele A. The Levers of Engagement: An Exploration of Governance in an Online Brand Community (2019)
- Dobele A, Steel M, Cooper T. Sailing the Seven C's of Blog Marketing: Understanding Social Media and Business Impact (2015)
- Cooper T, Stavros C, Dobele A. Domains of Influence: Exploring Negative Sentiment in Social Media
Conference, Symposium or Workshop item
- Cooper T, Stavros C, Dobele A. Brand Response to Consumer Backlash in Social Media: A Typology (2017)
- Cooper T, Stavros C, Dobele A. Managing the Paradox of Growth in Brand Communities Through Social Media (2016)
- Cooper T, Stavros C, Dobele A. Shut Up and Take My Money: Engaging Facebook Communities to Build the Brand Narrative (2015)
Business & management, and science