BiographyPeter Farley is a Theatre Designer/Scenographer and Senior Lecturer in Design for Performance at University of the Arts London. He has worked in the theatre for over thirty years. He was trained at Wimbledon College of Art, London, and has a Master of Arts degree in Theatre Design/Scenography.
In 2006 I was awarded an Arts and Humanities Research Council Research Fellowship to explore ways in which current and historic scenographic process can be documented, exhibited, archived and disseminated. I have also made written contributions to books and catalogues and curated many exhibitions. Over the past ten years my theatre work has been concerned with devising and designing award-winning new work based on classical renaissance texts. During this time, I have been an Associate Designer in collaboration with Yolanda Sonnabend for the Royal Ballet at the Royal Opera House, Covent Garden for the re-creation of several works by the late Sir Kenneth Macmillan. I am a committee member and director of the Society of British Theatre Designers and curator/designer of Transformation & Revelation the UK National Exhibition of Theatre Design for Performance at the Prague Quadrennial 2011, and the V&A in London.
I am Hon. Treasurer for the Association of Courses in Theatre Design, a member of the Advisory Panel of the Burton Art Centre, Chairman of the Nightingale Theatre, Brighton, UK and Leader of the Selection and Curatorial Panel for World Stage Design 2013.
- Farley P. Yolanda Sonnabend (1935-2015) Making Her Mark (2017)
- Farley P. Gasp and stretch one's eyes. Richard Hudson in conversation with Peter Farley (2015)
- Farley P. Evolving Design for Performance (2015)
- Farley P, Hirvikoski R, Cohen A. World Stage Design (2013)
- Farley P. Transformation & Revelation: From Gormley to Gaga: UK Design for Performance 2007-2011 (2012)
- Farley P. Transformation & Revelation: UK Design for Performance 2007-2011 (2011)