BiographyArt, science and technology, interdisciplinary collaboration, process, perception, interactive installation, olfaction.
As an artist I am engaged in interdisciplinary research in collaboration with scientists, including olfaction, memory and visual perception. This includes collaborative projects in Japan: Olfactory Art and Science Research (Kyoto Saga University), Retroreflective Projection Technology (Tachi Lab, Keio University) and Saccade Based Display (NTT). In 2010 I was Visiting Researcher at the Graduate School of Media Design, Keio University, Japan.
In my painted constructions and installations I explore ambiguities in perception of space through two and three dimensional images. I also create site specific artworks that challenge spatial perception in architectural environments, with installations exhibited in Havana, Cuba and Tokyo, Japan.
- Cohen N. Terra Ercolana (2003)
- Cohen N. De Pictura: Journeys Through Painting (2017)
- Cohen N. Visual Perception, Abstraction and Invention: an Exploration (2016)
- Cohen N. New perspectives: Incorporating Retro-reflective Projection Technology (RPT) in the creation of artworks and interactive art installation (2014)
- Cohen N. New perspectives: collaborative research in art and science (2011)
- Cohen N. In Search of Meaning (2015)
- Cohen N. Video ergo sum: an artist’s thoughts on inventing with computer technology in the creation of artworks (2014)
Conference, Symposium or Workshop item
- Cohen N, Cohen B. Two Journeys - Bernard Cohen and Nathan Cohen (2018)
- Cohen N, Kubota R. Memory Box (2017)
- Cohen N, Kubota R. Viola Odorata (2017)
- Cohen N. 'Folding Form', 'Nanzenji', 'Korinthos'. In: From Centre (2015)
- Cohen N. Intangible spaces (2010)
- Cohen N. Retrospective 1984-2004 (2004)
- Cohen N. Recent Work (2004)
- Cohen N. Form and Vision (2001)
Business & management, and science
Curation and culture