BiographyCath Caldwell is Senior Lecturer, Academic Enhancement Model at Central Saint Martins (CSM) at University of the Arts London and a design tutor on BA (Hons) Fashion Journalism, and previously Stage Leader in BA (Hons) Graphic Communication Design (2007 - 2019). Previously held the secondment post CSM Academic Coordinator for Student Enterprise and Employability.
In her creative practice outside UAL, Cath is an author working with DK Random House 2018 and Laurence King Publishing 2019. She supports editorial design networks such as Magculture and is a former Design
Director at ELLE UK, having also worked for the Guardian and Condé Nast (New
York). She is the author of three books on graphic design and a co-founder of the
Editorial Designers Organisation.
- Caldwell C, Zeppaterra Y. Editorial Design: Digital and Print (2014)
- Caldwell C. Winning Portfolios for Graphic Designers: Create Your Own Graphic Design Portfolio Online and in Print (2010)
Conference, Symposium or Workshop item
- Caldwell C. Material Handling Conference Workshop (2016)
- Caldwell C. Birds Eye View of Editorial Design 2012 - 2020 (2016)
- Caldwell C. Letting Go of What you Know: Co-Designing Enterprise activities. (2016)
- Caldwell C. Magazine handling workshop (2015)
- Roth CL, Caldwell C, Hanceri E, Johnston A. What's the point of employability in art and design? (2015)
Communication and graphic design
Journalism, PR, media and publishing