Student research in fine art
Fine art research degrees cross a range of areas including painting, sculpture and drawing.
Examples of completed research degree projects in fine art can be found from the link below, with student names, Colleges, thesis titles and supervisors.
Digital versions of theses are available to view where possible.
- Hannah Entwisle Chapuisat - Artistic Strategies for Influencing International Norm Development on Climate Change-Related Displacement
- Denise Ackerl - Strategies of resistance in female performance practice and activism in the context of cognitive capitalism and new social media
- Fagner Bibiano - Out of sight: investigating perverse desire through photographic practice
- Sam Burford - An exploration into the ongoing influence of computer technology on the production and documentation of sculpture.
- Jessica Carden - Read Jessica Carden's doctoral research on The Black Body in Arctic Space: Revisioning Racialised Landscapes in the Films of John Akomfrah and Isaac Julien
- Paul Davis - Turing-completeness as medium: computers, art and intentionality.
- Lorrice Douglas - Discreet Works
- Emma Gradin - Practice-based research on slowing down the experience of art in galleries, and slowing down curatorial work in general.
- Sława Harasymowicz - Double Exposure: Memory, Post Memory and Autobiography as Practice.
- Sam Hopkins - The Memory of the Crowd: New Media representations of Kenyan Identities
- Annice Hsueh - Out of context - reinterpretation of experience in interactive environment.
- James Lander - Storeys/stories of Ernö Goldfinger's Balfron Tower: archival investigations from a contested site.
- Jin Ah Lee - Drawing a ‘New Map’ within Critical Cartography.
- Scott Schwager - The relationship between visual arts, performing arts and curatorial areas: implications for collaboration and co-authorship.
- Stephanie Spindler - The State of Being a Woman: A Phenomenological Identity
- George Unsworth - The world is getting smaller: how spatial and temporal resources influence the production of contemporary art.
- Anna Vickers - The discarded body – Concealing, art historical borrowing and the redundant gesture as strategies in contemporary painting.
- Jenny Wright - Extending the field of drawing the body: fine art anatomical drawing and its relationship to developing medical technologies and procedures.