Student Research in Fashion Design
This section contains ongoing projects within the area of fashion design.
Examples of completed research degree projects in fashion design and curation can be found from the link below, with student names, colleges, thesis titles and supervisors.
Digital versions of theses are available to view where possible.
- Demetra Kolakis - [un] Folding Fashion Spaces: Mediatization of Fashion Practices, Materiality and Place
- Matteo Molinari - Crocheting cultures. Pattern notation, handcrafting techniques and gender in Europe
- Tolulope Olabisi OMoyele - Fashion, Memory and History: fashion practices as remembering through craft and digital media.
- Lara Torres - Towards a practice of unmaking: a strategy for critical fashion design practice.
- Clara Vuletich - Using human-centred sustainable design strategies to reconfigure waste as an asset in the fashion textile value chain.
- Paul Yuille - Only time enough: exploring the potential of developing a fashion strategy that uses time as a coherent factor when designing garments to have a predetermined lifetime