Student Research in Curation & Culture
Current student research degree projects in curation, conservation and culture.
- Cassie Davies-Strodder - Wardrobes: The challenge of personal collections of clothing in art and design museums.
- Matteo Augello - How Italian fashion is collected, preserved and analysed: unfolding the relationship between scholarship and production in the establishment of fashion collections in Italy, 1995-2015.
- Sasha Burkhanova - The (co-constitutive) ethics of a contemporary art curator: towards the modes of (ethical) practice.
- Antonis Daikos - A practice-based investigation of exhibition-making as a method to display contemporary gender-neutral fashion in museums and gallery spaces.
- Anna Gialdini - 'Alla Greca'. A Historical, Cultural, and Historical Analysis of Greek-style Bookbindings in Renaissance Venice
- Bridget Harvey - RepairAbility: Repair As Pathway To Sustainability For Makers and Users
- Aurélie Martin - Bindings of Baskerville: study of the bindings found on John Baskerville’s editions in the British Isles and abroad (18th-19th century)
- Jennifer Murray - Manuscript Waste Fragments: Identifying the Binding from which they were removed
- Louise Elizabeth Penn Chapman - How can immersive theatre techniques and costume practice interventions be employed to communicate the narratives of the Kate Elizabeth Bunce Collection through dress display?
- Jenna Rossi-Camus - Curating the fashion victim: establishing strategies for exhibition-making towards the presentation of fashion and humour in museums and galleries.
- NJ Stevenson - A critical and practice-led investigation into curating the intersection of period film costume and contemporary fashion (1967-1975).
- Ben Whyman - How can a detailed material culture analysis of fashionable menswear wardrobes augment biographical and museological interpretations? A comparative analysis of three twentieth century menswear collections from the Victoria and Albert Museum