Level 4 Diplomas in Fashion Retail
The Level 4 Diplomas in Fashion Retail have been developed in response to an identified need for learners to take qualifications in the Fashion Retail sector that explore the changing environment and influences on fashion retail business.
These five qualifications put into context the structures and functions of retail business and include aspects of operational, financial and human resource management and organisational behaviour. They examine consumer behavioural patterns and how businesses respond with their marketing, branding and improved customer service to achieve efficiency and profitability.
Please read the UAL Awarding Body statements of purpose for these qualifications:
Qualifications at a glance
- Level - 4
- Units - 3 common; 3 qualification specific; 18 in total
- TQT (hours) - 900
- GLH - 600
- Typical course duration - 1 year
- UCAS points (Pass/Merit/Distinction) - N/A
- QAN - Fashion Retail: 600/9064/9; Garment Technology: 600/9065/0; Merchandising: 600/9066/2; Visual Display and Branding: 600/9063/7; Buying and Range Planning: 600/9062/5
- Typical progression - Visual merchandising, fashion buying and merchandising, brand management, garment technology
Specification & documents
This qualification has been developed in collaboration with subject practitioners and further education colleges to ensure that it provides learners with the skills, knowledge and understanding needed to prepare learners for employment and/or support a role in the workplace.
The following organisations have provided letters of support for this qualification:
Working with us
Interested in delivering the UAL Level 4 Diplomas in Fashion Retail?
Visit the Working with us page for information on the approval process for new and existing centres.
Find out more about our Level 2 Diploma and Extended Diploma in Fashion Business and Retail qualification.
Find out more about our Level 3 Diploma and Extended Diploma in Fashion Business and Retail qualification.