Please note: This information only applies to pre-degree students completing UAL Awarding Body qualifications this summer.
Thank you to all centres that have submitted digital portfolios for external moderation, we look forward to looking at them.
When results will be released
As before, our results will be released on the nationally set results dates this year, which are aligned with those for General Qualifications. We will supply results to centres several days in advance of them being shared with students (under strict embargo) to enable them to check that the results meet their expectations and to prepare for the release to students. External Moderator reports will be available to centres on our portal from 26 August 2022.
We will release results under embargo to centres through the portal on:
- Friday 12 August 2022 for Level 3 and 4 qualifications
- Friday 19 August 2022 for Level 1 and 2 qualifications.
Centres must not issue results to students until the national results days, which are:
- Thursday 18 August 2022 for Level 3 and 4 qualifications
- Thursday 25 August 2022 for Level 1 and 2 qualifications.
Grades are confidential. They must be stored securely and must not be shared externally with students, parents, or members of the public, or internally with any staff not directly involved in the grading process. Centres will be subject to the application of the UAL Sanctions Policy if embargoed grades are released prior to the UAL release date and/or the above conditions and deadlines are not met.
- 12 August 2022 – Embargoed Level 3 and 4 results released to centres
- 18 August 2022 – Level 3 and 4 results released to students
- 19 August 2022 – Embargoed Level 1 and 2 results released to centres
- 25 August 2022 – Level 1 and 2 results released to students
- October 2022 – Certificates sent to centres
Appealing students’ grades
All learner grade appeals for internally and externally assessed qualifications must be directed to UAL Approved Centres.
To find out more about the grounds on which you can appeal, please see our UAL Awarding Body Grade Appeals Policy 2022 .
Please note the deadlines for submitting a Stage 2 grade appeal are:
- Externally assessed qualifications (i.e. UAL Level 3 Applied General Diploma in Art and Design) - 1 September 2022
- Internally assessed qualifications - 16 September 2022
For urgent queries not covered by our guidance please contact:
firstname.lastname@example.org for general enquiries
email@example.com for queries regarding our portal
firstname.lastname@example.org for special considerations, policies and appeals
See our full set of policies and procedures, including those for complaints.