About the network
Our network promotes the recruitment of talented, creative students from high quality education institutions to UAL courses.
Working closely with colleagues in our partner institutions, we provide enhanced pre-application support, exclusive events and opportunities to share best-practice and collaborate.
Our primary objective is to promote progression within the arts, supporting the next generation of students to succeed.
What we offer through the UAL School and College Network (USCN)
We visit schools and colleges around the UK to deliver presentations to both students and academic staff. We offer presentations in the following areas:
- Why UAL? Students will find out more about our Colleges, our courses and student life, while gaining valuable advice about how to apply.
- The Creative Industries: Students will find out about the creative industries in the UK, learning more about its impact on society, the economy and within education.
- How to produce a successful portfolio: Students will gain valuable tips and advice about how to construct an impressive portfolio and how to prepare for an arts based interview.
If your students are passionate about a specific subject area, a specialist lecturer can visit your institution or deliver a workshop at UAL to provide information and guidance on the content of relevant courses at UAL, how to prepare a portfolio, and provide information about career opportunities in their field.
Each year we attend and arrange events to support our partner institutions:
- Attend HE fairs, including school/college events, UCAS exhibitions and UK University Search Fairs.
- Deliver a range of regional conferences for teachers and advisors.
- Organise group visits to UAL Colleges.
- Invite students into our Degree Shows.