About the network
Our network promotes the recruitment of talented, creative students from high quality education institutions to UAL courses.
Working closely with colleagues in our partner institutions, we provide enhanced pre-application support, exclusive events and opportunities to share best-practice and collaborate.
Our primary objective is to promote progression within the arts, supporting the next generation of students to succeed.
What we offer through the UAL School and College Network (USCN)
We can visit schools and colleges around the UK, or meet students virtually to deliver presentations. We offer presentations in the following areas:
- Why UAL? Students will find out more about our Colleges, our courses and student life, while gaining valuable advice about how to apply.
- The Creative Industries: Students will find out about the creative industries in the UK, learning more about its impact on society, the economy and within education.
- How to produce a successful portfolio: Students will gain valuable tips and advice about how to construct an impressive portfolio and how to prepare for an arts based interview.
Each year we attend and arrange events to support our partner institutions:
- Attend HE fairs, including school/college events, UCAS exhibitions and UK University Search Fairs. View upcoming university fairs.
- Deliver a range of regional conferences for teachers and advisors.
- Organise group visits to UAL Colleges.
- Invite students into our Degree Shows.
If your students are passionate about a specific subject area, a specialist lecturer can visit your institution or deliver a session online to provide information and guidance on the content of relevant courses at UAL, how to prepare a portfolio, and provide information about career opportunities in their field.
With live events and many face-to-face interactions on hold, we're hosting a series of webinars to help students interested in studying at UAL in 2021/22 and beyond.
- Introduction to University of the Arts London - 10 Feb, 3pm – 4pm
- Arts Students' Union: Our clubs, societies and student support - 10 March, 3pm – 4pm
- Accommodation at University of the Arts London - 7 April, 3pm – 4pm
- Preparing for final exhibitions, coursework deadlines and exams - 12 May, 3pm – 4pm
- Creative careers and postgraduate opportunities - 9 June, 3pm – 4pm
Students can also join us for regular Q&As over on the UAL Instagram account.
Our team manages different regions in the UK and are here to help you plan activities for your students and staff.
Our Student Recruitment team travels around the UK to meet students at UCAS higher education exhibitions and other university fairs.