Fashion Marketing in the UK (2 credits)
The fashion consumer is becoming all the more powerful, more discerning, more difficult to understand and please. Consumers are now combining mainstream and designer products more readily. This evolving behaviour has led to a shopping democracy where selective extravagance is ‘normal’. From a marketing perspective these are changing, challenging yet exciting times with communicating differentiation and unique value key to success.
In this unit you will examine the complexities of marketing fashion in the 21st century, enabling you to understand and identify a range of relevant marketing strategies.
The theory of marketing will be explained and you will gain practical insight into how to apply marketing to your fashion practice, whether you are studying design or fashion business. With it becoming increasingly normal for product development to hurtle from concept to consumer in just three weeks, marketing strategies have to be faster conceived, better informed and more precisely targeted than ever before. How you convey your message is based on knowing what you have to say, who should be listening as well as how and when they need to hear it.
Fashion Marketing in the UK would be complimented by the following units:
- Creative Visual Communication (3 Credits)
- Fashion Entrepreneurship and Luxury Brand Management (3 Credits)
- Fashion Styling (3 Credits)
- Visual Merchandising (2 Credits)
- Trend Forecasting (2 Credits)
- Buying and Product Development (4 Credits)
- Garment Technology and Ethics (2 Credits)
- Fashion Public Relations (2 Credits)
- Social Media and Online Communication (1 Credit)