Footwear Design (6 credits)
This is a creative programme and you will be encouraged to be as experimental as possible, bearing in mind commercial restraints. We hope to inspire you to challenge preconceived ideas and opinions – in order to look at alternative interpretations, conclusions and design solutions.
You will cover:
- Design experimentation and play: learning through deconstructing & making
- Foot analysis, foot anatomy, measuring the foot & fitting
- Understanding the last
- An introduction to fashion forecasting
- Working with inspiration, design conceptualization, through design development
- Sketching & speed drawing for footwear
- Materials & their properties
- From mass market to conceptual footwear
- Understanding the consumer
- Collection & range building
- Technical drawing for footwear & visual communication
- Sourcing & production.