DESIGN ACTION celebrates creative activism. This digital showcase and events programme highlighted the work of London College of Communication’s Design School, as students and staff anticipate new futures in an uncertain world.
As the global pandemic causes us to rethink everything, we reconsider the Design School model and test our Manifesto against the shifting requirements of a changed world.
DESIGN ACTION featured a range of projects and work in progress from the School’s dynamic and collaborative community.
We questioned cultural, technological and disciplinary boundaries and confronted the social, systemic and ecological challenges of our time.
The programme included:
- An emerging research platform which explores the shifting definitions, debates and practices of graphic design
- A look at professional design practice in the wake of COVID-19
- An exploration of new ecological systems and tools
- A vision of the world in 2030 based on the UN Sustainable Development Goals
- An interaction design communication which rethinks concepts of audience participation, presence, and space.
DESIGN ACTION is part of London Design Festival.
BA (Hons) Design for Art Direction student curates Barbican screening
We chat to Emma Bouraba about Rayhana Obermeyer’s ‘I Still Hide to Smoke’ and the highlights of her time so far at London College of Communication.
Graduate Voices: Qiongzi Zhu
We chat to BA (Hons) Design for Branded Spaces graduate Qiongzi Zhu about the highlights of her time at LCC and her creative journey so far.
Industry Leaders Collections launched on Postgraduate Showcase
To celebrate the work of our newest graduates, leading creatives Louise Moore, Domenic Lippa and Gary Knight select their highlights from LCC’s Postgraduate Showcase.
Showcase Spotlight: MA Graphic Media Design
In celebration of this year’s Postgraduate Showcase, we explore work from our MA Graphic Media Design graduates.