Prototype and Code
The Prototyping Lab is a multi-purpose space that supports students in creative code and physical computing.
At LCC we take a hands-on approach to computing, so you get to spend your time prototyping, building circuits, soldering, writing code and making structures for sensors and controls.
- Physical Computing: electronics and microcontrollers, e.g. Arduino, Particle Photon and Bare Conductive
- Creative Coding: multiple programming languages and platforms including Processing, Node.js and Max
- Projection Mapping: MadMapper
- Raspberry Pi
- Sensors: light, touch, distance, movement
- Lights: LEDs, NeoPixels, DMX
- Motors: servos, steppers and DC motors
- Wireless: Bluetooth, XBee, RFID, Wi-Fi and GSM
- Motion tracking: eye tracking, Kinect, Leap Motion, Wiimote and OpenCV
Please note: Resources may require inductions before allowing access and are prioritised for certain courses.
The Digital Space is an open-plan, creative IT hub with 80 computers set up with specialist software for specific subject areas.
The facilities in this area include The Kit Room, Design Block Photography, Black Box Project Space, AV and Live Events.
Discover the breadth of printing techniques available at LCC, from Lithographic Printing to Print Finishing and Bookbinding.