LCC Industry Mentoring Scheme
Supporting postgraduate students in their transition from education to industry
The Industry Mentoring Scheme at London College of Communication aims to encourage and support postgraduate students in their transition from education to industry. This voluntary Scheme matches LCC postgraduate students of all disciplines with industry professionals to support their development as they enter the creative industries.
What are the potential outcomes for mentees?
- Work with your mentor to develop your future career plans
- Develop your plan for a practice, studio or business
- Build contacts and professional relationships while studying
- Develop your skills in presentation, applications and interviews, communication and teamwork
- Develop a greater understanding of the creative industries and your routes into industry
- Increase your confidence in gaining employment in your chosen industry
What are the benefits for mentors?
- Access to the LCC mentor network
- Skills development and CV enhancement
- Partnership with LCC
- Develop links with our vibrant community of students, alumni and staff
- Free training run by a nationally accredited trainer and facilitator
How to apply?
The applications for the 2020 programme are now open. Deadline: Sunday 2 December 2019. Please read the Industry Mentoring Scheme guidelines to see if you qualify to apply.
See yourself as a mentor? Are you an UAL/LCC alumni or industry professional working in the creative industries?
Key dates for the 2020 programme
- Wednesday 16 October and Wednesday 30 October (3-5pm, The Place: D102) - Drop in mentoring surgery (open to all students interested in applying for the 2020 programme)
- Sunday 2 December 2019 - Mentee and mentor applications close
- January 2020 - Successful applications announced
- Tuesday 21 January 2020 - Mentor Training (5.30pm-8.30pm at LCC)
- Wednesday 22 January 2020 - Mentee Training (6pm-8.30pm at LCC)
- Thursday 30 January 2020 - Meet your mentor event (6pm-8pm at LCC)
- Scheme runs from January to June 2020
- Thursday 30 April 2020 - Round table event (open to all mentors and mentees part of the 2020 programme)
- June 2020 - Evaluation
Meet the mentors
"Gaining industry knowledge and experience through a mentor is a great opportunity. It can speed up the whole process, and help the mentee be more focused and targeted in his or her approach." - Laura Colapietro, Associate Director at ING Media
Read more about the mentors and their thoughts on the mentoring process
Mentees' case studies
"My mentor has been absolutely fantastic! From allowing me to shadow him at work and through meetings, to offering me summer employment – I have gained invaluable professional advice and experience that I never would have imagined beforehand." - Annie Croll, MA Public Relations
Read more about how the mentees found the experience