Professional practice and learning
The Diploma in Professional Studies, in LCC's Design School, has been designed to allow you to learn in the most exciting and dynamic manner, alongside established industry practitioners in live situations in studios, galleries and on collaborative projects both in the UK and abroad.
You will be supported to develop a variety of national and international professional opportunities, allowing you to experiment with future career possibilities and to develop a clearer understanding of professional practice.
Your work-based learning will occur in a huge variety of ways and forms. Most commonly your practice will take place in studios across the world but you will also be encouraged to be enterprising and take on freelance briefs, self-initiated projects, set up exhibitions and volunteer your skills to world charities.
Students from the Diploma in Professional Studies have worked with organisations such as:
- Apple Headquarters (California, USA)
- Adidas Headquarters (Germany)
- Research Studios (London, Barcelona, and Berlin)
- Channel 4
- Museum of Modern Art, NYC
- Tate Publishing
- KesselsKramer (Amsterdam)
- Pentagram (London, Berlin, and NYC)
- Selfridges Design Department
- Thomas Matthews
- Landor Associates (Shanghai and Beijing)
- IDEO (San Francisco)
- Airside Nippon (Tokyo)
"As part of my education, I embarked on a life changing trip to India where I spent eight weeks working for Wieden+Kennedy in Delhi." Corin Kennington.
Corin Kennington graduated in 2015 has staged solo shows, featured at Pick Me Up, Creative Review Futures and at the New Designers: One Year On Show.
The Diploma in Professional Studies is offered on the following courses within the Design School:
- BA (Hons) Design for Art Direction
- BA (Hons) Design for Branded Spaces
- BA (Hons) Graphic Branding and Identity
- BA (Hons) Graphic and Media Design
- BA (Hons) Illustration and Visual Media
- BA (Hons) Interaction Design Arts
- BA (Hons) Information and Interface Design
The stand-alone Diploma is optional and designed to complement your University-based education and provide a contrast to academic study.
This programme is offered after two years of study in the third year prior to completing the fourth and final year of an undergraduate degree. Students are selected for the course as course numbers are capped. Student achievement and past performance are taken into consideration.
Download the course specification: Diploma in Professional Studies - Programme Specification 2018/19