You should be proficient in written and spoken English and be able to participate in group discussions and make presentations. As a guideline we would expect you to have an English language level equivalent to IELTS score of 6.0 (list of language equivalencies). The Language Centre at University of the Arts London offers English courses for overseas students who wish to improve their English language skills.
Students applying for this course are expected to be independent and highly motivated, preferably having completed one year at university level (undergraduate-level study).
This course is taught through a series of lecture, seminar and workshop settings. Students will study through researching several sectors, including fashion, retail, and technology. We will introduce you to critical and cultural theories and design research methods. You will apply your research to live projects and collaborations in a learn-by-doing studio format. You will develop the core skills in creative and critical thinking. You will gain understanding of context, entrepreneurship, communications, and management skills. This will prepare you for practice in the real world. Practical work and theory are supported by the development of technical expertise. You are going to communicate ideas into a body of work to show potential employers.
- An ability to research ideas that can be developed into a business model canvas (Enquiry)
- Experiment and evaluate methods and results (Process)
- A knowledge of design thinking process and methods of project working (Knowledge)
- An ability to communicate ideas and concepts through a presentation of a final project (Communication)
Dates and fees
Date: Dates to be scheduled for 2022
Cost: To be confirmed
Total class hours: 120 hours
Non-class hours: 120 hours
Credit value: 12 credits
Location: London College of Communication
You may find it helpful to bring:
- A laptop (if you are able)
- Notepad and pens/pencils
Please note items can also be purchased from the college shop if needed.
Summer Study Abroad Scholarship
We offer a Summer Study Abroad Scholarship for all of our 3 week Summer Study Abroad courses.
Find out how to apply
To be eligible, you must be 18 years or older, hold an offer to join one of our 3 week Summer Study Abroad courses, and be enrolled on an undergraduate degree programme outside the UK.
- The scholarships cover the tuition-fee only and depend on you successfully enrolling for the course. Our cancellation policy still applies.
- Scholarship winners will be asked to take part in promotional activities to promote Summer Study Abroad and the scholarship scheme.