MAKE @ Story Garden
A public space for creative collaboration and social innovation
Come say hello, and together we will make a better future in Camden
MAKE @ Story Garden is a public space for creative collaboration with, and by, the local community in Somers Town and St Pancras.
Based behind the British Library in Somers Town, MAKE @ Story Garden is a collaboration between Central Saint Martins, Somers Town Community Association, Camden Council and Lendlease. The space is open until autumn 2020, and aims to bring together local communities around a programme of arts activities, projects to address local issues, and skills development.
The programme features:
- Regular sessions for the local community, such as a series of DIY evenings and weekend open-days
- A series of collaborative projects between Central Saint Martins students and staff
- A series of larger events, such as festivals and open activity days
- Hands-on creative workshops and participatory arts
- Arts and technology focused activities for schools and young people
- Talks and interactive sessions with makers and artists from the local community
About the Story Garden
The Story Garden is Global Generation’s newest meanwhile garden; it is built for and by the local community and is a partnership between Global Generation, the British Library, Stanhope and Mitsui Fudosan. The garden is a nature hub bringing people together over food growing, communal meals, shared stories and a range of activities.
Over the course of 2019 and 2020, Central Saint Martins will also be collaborating on projects related to the wider garden, including building a number of new structures.