The Doctoral Platform at Central Saint Martins offers PhD candidates the space in which to meet, share research, as well as co-ordinate, curate and participate in a variety of events.
News and events
Dear Research Students,
We are working on arranging digital delivery of the remaining 2019-20 PhD Workshop sessions - dates and time are planned as per below, and we will advise on how you can participate in the sessions nearer to the dates.
All workshops are run by Dr Caterina Albano, for further information email: email@example.com.
To join the sessions and confirm your attendance please email Debi Kenny in advance: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Dr Caterina Albano will be running two additional workshops in June as per below - open to all UAL research students:
3 June 2020
The art of writing an abstract
The workshop will focus how to write an abstract. You are invited to bring your own abstract for a journal article, conference paper and/or for your thesis to share and discuss.
10 June 2020
An eloquent argument
The workshop will consider what is an argument and how it can be constructed. We will look at what makes an argument convincing. You are invited to bring short examples to share and discuss.
Both workshops will be held on Teams. This is the link to the PhD Workshops group.
Doctoral students have the opportunity to:
- Attend PhD-level seminars on philosophy, methodology, writing and art practice
- Present their work at Test Lab sessions for discussion and feedback.
- Meet other PhD candidates to discuss the experience of Doctoral research
- Present and test out research at various stages, from its inception to its completion.
- Attend and participate in talks, lectures, seminars, and reading groups.
- Organize and curate exhibitions, conferences, and other events
- Write and edit publications.
- Learn the skills necessary for the successful achievement of Registration and Confirmation (a complement to the University’s RNUAL programme).
Find out more about the Doctoral Platform
PhDs at CSM/UAL
Enquiries about the Doctoral Platform at CSM
Please contact Daniel Rubinstein, email@example.com.