In 2016 we held our first CSM Away, a range of activities over a seven-day period intended to reach out to new partners and provide new opportunities for collaboration.
- ‘Creative Approaches: New Ways of Thinking For Industry’, a forum for Japanese industry at Tokyo Design Centre organised with UKTI, the British Embassy and the British Council enabled the College to clearly identify our focus areas and strengths for Japanese industry
- UAL Olympics seminar at Tokyo University of the Arts, co-organised with British Council Japan (Arts Team), ttended by representatives from art and design universities including our exchange partner universities Musashino Art University, Aichi University of the Arts & Kyoto Seika University.
- UAL Alumni panel discussion on the creative industries and a drinks reception
- Visits to Tama Art University, Tokyo Institute of Technology Tokyo University of the Arts (Geidai) and Musashino Art University
- Short Course (Fashion Design Communication) at the Tokyo Design Centre. Delivered by Mario Nishio.