Camberwell, Chelsea and Wimbledon College of Arts have launched a new incubation programme to help graduates set up and grow viable businesses within a creative, supportive and autonomous environment.
Launched in October 2020, this 12-month offer of support is open to students and alumni who finished their studies in one of the 3 colleges in the last 5 years.
This interactive, blended offer of mentoring, workshops and guest speakers has been specifically designed to support early-stage creative and digital businesses from idea stage to launch.
Applicants are required to address at least one of 3 core challenges via their businesses (either through the idea itself, or the business model), these core challenges are:
- Climate emergency
- Social justice
- Responsible use of emerging technologies
We prioritise sustainable proposals, that demonstrate commercial viability and a commitment to generating both social and economic value.
Who can apply?
The Graduate Incubation Programme is open to students and alumni who finished their studies at Camberwell, Chelsea or Wimbledon Colleges of Arts in the last 5 years.
The programme aims to promote and progress diversity in the creative and digital industries and graduates who meet one or more of the following criteria are particularly encouraged to apply:
- Your parent(s) or guardian(s) have not completed a university degree
- You are from a Black, Asian, Minority Ethnic or LatinX background
- You are from a low-income background
- You have received a UAL Bursary
- You are a care leaver or care giver
We also welcome applications from graduates who are under-represented in the digital industries including LGBTQI+, Female and Disabled Founders.
What we're looking for
We support business ideas, products or services that address one of 3 core challenges of climate emergency, social justice, responsible use of emerging technologies and meets one or more of the following criteria:
- New or innovative creative or digital idea, product or service
- Creative or digital idea, product or service with real-world social impact
- Creative or digital idea, product or service with the potential to scale (grow)
- A financially viable idea, product or service that can make money
2020/2021 Graduate Incubation Programme starts:
10am Monday 26 October 2020
2021/2022 Graduate Incubation Programme applications open:
September 2021 (TBC)
If you have any questions about the Graduate Incubation Programme please get in touch: