The Camberwell, Chelsea and Wimbledon College of Arts Graduate Incubation Programme (GIP) helps graduates set up and grow viable businesses within a creative and user-led environment.
This free, 12-month offer of support is open to undergraduate and postgraduate students graduating in 2021 and alumni who finished their studies in one of the 3 colleges in the last 5 years. The programme has been designed specifically for creative graduates who have an idea for a business or practice but don't know how to turn this idea into a reality.
Participants on the programme are matched with an expert sector mentor and benefit from interactive workshops and talks by guest speakers. They also have extended access to UAL's libraries, software packages and online resources, including a UAL email address.
Applicants are required to address at least one of 3 core challenges via their businesses (either through the idea itself, or the business model), these core challenges are:
- Circular economies
- Social justice
- Responsible use of emerging technologies
We prioritise sustainable proposals, that demonstrate a commitment to generating both social and economic value.
Who can apply?
The Graduate Incubation Programme is open to students and alumni who finished their studies at Camberwell, Chelsea or Wimbledon Colleges of Arts in the last 5 years.
The programme aims to promote and progress diversity in the creative and digital industries and graduates who meet one or more of the following criteria are particularly encouraged to apply:
- Your parent(s) or guardian(s) have not completed a university degree
- You are from a Black, Asian, Minority Ethnic or LatinX background
- You are from a low-income background
- You have received a UAL Bursary
- You are a care leaver or care giver
We also welcome applications from graduates who are under-represented in the digital industries including LGBTQI+, Female and Disabled Founders.
What we're looking for
We support business ideas, products or services that address one of 3 core challenges and meets one or more of the following criteria:
- Creative or digital idea, product or service with real-world social impact
- Creative or digital idea, product or service with the potential to scale (grow)
- A financially viable idea, product or service that can make money
- Graduate Incubation Programme applications open - 9.30am, Monday 10 May 2021
- Deadline for applications from students or graduates seeking Start-up Visa endorsement - 9.30am, Monday 14 June 2021
- Deadline for all other applications - 9.30am, Wednesday 8 September 2021
- Graduate Incubation Programme start date - 10am, Tuesday 12 October 2021
If you have any questions about the Graduate Incubation Programme please read our FAQs or get in touch: