Camberwell, Chelsea and Wimbledon College of Arts are launching a new incubation programme to help graduates set up and grow viable businesses within a creative, supportive and autonomous environment.
Launching in autumn 2020, this 12-month offer of support is open to students graduating this year and alumni who finished their studies in one of the 3 colleges in the last 5 years.
This interactive, blended offer of mentoring, workshops and guest speakers has been specifically designed to support early-stage creative and digital businesses from idea stage to launch.
Applicants are required to address at least one of 3 core challenges via their businesses (either through the idea itself, or the business model), these core challenges are:
- Climate emergency
- Social justice
- Responsible use of emerging technologies
We will prioritise sustainable proposals, that demonstrate commercial viability and a commitment to generating both social and economic value.
How to apply
Before applying read the Frequently Asked Questions.
Submit your Graduate Incubation Programme application form
Send supporting and additional material to firstname.lastname@example.org
Complete an Equal Opportunities form
Who can apply?
The Graduate Incubation Programme 2020 is open to students graduating this year and alumni who finished their studies at Camberwell, Chelsea or Wimbledon Colleges of Arts in the last 5 years.
The programme aims to promote and progress diversity in the creative and digital industries and graduates who meet one or more of the following criteria are particularly encouraged to apply:
- Your parent(s) or guardian(s) have not completed a university degree
- You are from a Black, Asian, Minority Ethnic or LatinX background
- You are from a low-income background
- You have received a UAL Bursary
- You are a care leaver or care giver
We also welcome applications from graduates who are under-represented in the digital industries including LGBTQI+, Female and Disabled Founders.
What we're looking for
We will support business ideas, products or services that address one of 3 core challenges of climate emergency, social justice, responsible use of emerging technologies and meets one or more of the following criteria:
- New or innovative creative or digital idea, product or service
- Creative or digital idea, product or service with real-world social impact
- Creative or digital idea, product or service with the potential to scale (grow)
- A financially viable idea, product or service that can make money
Your application and pitch video should demonstrate:
- Your passion and commitment in making your business succeed
- A clear gap in the market (market research)
- You have identified who your potential customer or client might be
- A viable business model
- Your relevant skills and experience in making your business succeed
- Applications open: 9.30am Monday 3 August 2020
- Applications close: 12pm Monday 21 September 2020
- Programme start date: 10.30am Tuesday 27 October 2020
If you have any questions about the application process please get in touch: