Alumni Design Competition 2019
UAL’s Partnerships Team is looking for three designs, by three UAL alumni or students graduating this summer, to be featured on a variety of UAL Alumni Association branded merchandise. The final three selected artists will receive £250 worth of Amazon vouchers and their profiles featured across UAL’s blog, website, social media, and internal/external email newsletters.
We would like to see designs that capture the essence of what it means to be part of the global UAL alumni community, and what UAL stands for. We are interested in seeing designs that reflect your time at UAL - for example, what are your fond memories from your time with us? And what has UAL meant to you?
Designs can be colour, black and white and include any medium. Please note that designs need to be submitted digitally and high-quality images will be required for printing. The winning designs will be printed on a variety of materials such as cotton tote bags, cotton tea towels, and paper sketch pads, and so will need to be translatable to these formats.
The three selected artists will receive the following
- £250 of vouchers to spend on Amazon
- Be featured in an article along with the other two artists highlighting your work and telling your story. There will also be links to your website and social media pages. This article will be posted on UAL’s news blog, featured on the UAL Alumni Association homepage and in the monthly UAL Alumni Bulletin (sent to approx. 90,000 graduates world-wide).
- The designs and relevant contact information/website/ social media handles will be shared across UAL Alumni Association social media channels.
- Artists will be credited on all printed materials featuring their design.
To help guide your designs, please refer to the dimensions below.
- Tea towel design dimensions – 39.46 (W) x 60 (H) CM
- Tote bag design dimensions – 34 (W) x 36.3 (H) CM
- A5 Notebook design dimensions (front and back) – 21 (W) x 14.8 (H) CM
Please keep in mind that these designs will be used for promotional material and will include the UAL logo. The Partnerships Team will work with the winners to include this before designs are printed.
We can not accept designs that manipulate the logo in any way so please familiarise yourself with the brand guidelines: https://www.arts.ac.uk/our-brand/ual-guidelines/our-visual-identity
Submissions are welcome from all UAL graduates from foundation to postgraduate levels. We will also accept applications from students graduating in 2019.
The final three designs will be chosen by a selection panel and judged on their originality, creativity, public appeal, and adaptability. Entrants are welcome to submit up to three designs; however, only one per artist will make the final selection.
Applications close at Midnight, Sunday 5th May 2019.
Past Winning Entries
Selected winners will be required to sign over the intellectual property to UAL.
If you have any queries about the competition or have difficulty completing the online form, please contact the Alumni Team: firstname.lastname@example.org