Strategic Priority 1: Reward and Recognition
We will promote teaching excellence through a systematic approach to recruitment, reward and recognition.
We will do this by:
- Establishing recruitment approaches that evaluate teaching excellence at point of recruitment
- Supporting the staff development needs of teaching staff at all points in their teaching career
- Establishing clear job specifications and job descriptions that set out the requirements for teaching excellence across all relevant job families
- Developing a UAL Teaching Excellence Profile that supports reward and recognition policies and delivery
- Increasing engagement in HEA UK Professional Standards Framework at all levels from Associate to Principal Fellowship
- Establishing a well recognised teaching career ladder
- Appointing Visiting Professors to support the development of excellent teaching
- Embedding Teaching Scholars and SUARTS/UAL teaching awards
- Hosting internal and external seminars and conferences to lead pedagogic debate
- Creating a UAL Teaching and Learning Journal to share and disseminate best practice
- Increasing the numbers of staff eligible for a National Teaching Fellowship
- Ensuring that the Teaching and Learning Exchange staff development offer meets needs of diverse job families (including library/technical/ research and academic support).