Writing for Academic Publication (elective unit)
In this unit you will prepare a written piece, such as an original article or case study, to submit for publication.
Having identified and analysed a target publication for your work, you will consider the form and purpose of academic writing across the disciplines. This will include how linguistic cues and markers are used to connect ideas and make knowledge claims for different audiences
During the unit you will:
- Attend a series of workshops and seminars
- Identify and analyse a target publication
- Prepare an article outline, explaining decisions on content and structure
- Experiment with critical and constructive approaches to peer editing and reviewing
- Identify suitable critical friends and obtain feedback to shape, revise and/or reframe your writing
- Produce a final draft for submission to your selected publication.
For more information, download the Writing for Academic Publication Unit Descriptor (PDF 99KB).