In this unit (that is mandatory on the PgCert) you will identify a topic for scholarly enquiry. You will be introduced to a variety of methods of enquiry relevant to your selected project focus, and experiment with those most appropriate to your content and context.
Before the unit you will be asked to:
- Complete a short online questionnaire reflecting on your professional experience, current context and scholarly interests.
During the unit you will:
- Attend a series of workshops, seminars, group tutorials and formative presentations
- Design and conduct your own project appropriate to your working context
- Give an oral presentation of your project findings
- Submit accompanying presentation materials, to include visuals and/or script
For more information download the Self-initiated Project Unit Descriptor (PDF 115KB).